6 (Not quite there yet) 10 7.19%

5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139
Asriel said:

I've been digging through the Resetera thread. Can anyone summarise? As far as I can see it, people are suggesting that Smash is going to be the big focus, we aren't going to see any 2019 games, and the only new announcements are Mario Party 11 and Viewitful Joe 3.

Using spoiler tags because I don't want to ruin things for people, I'd be disappointed if Fire Emblem isn't coming this year.

People are over reacting, the guy that tried to get them to not over-hype things King Zell said their would be mostly Smash and some cool stuff and bounced when they misconstrued his words into a only Smash show. Keep expectations in check though. Nintendo did say 2019 titles would be featured at a later date so thats what we should expect.

Dont know why people went off the rails saying Fire Emblem is getting delayed, the dude didn't say that was the case.

Around the Network

Less than three hours to go until Nintendo conference people!Hang on to your seats!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Shaqazooloo0 said:

Fair, thanks for the clarification! 

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:

3DS numbers make sense as kids for Pokemon and people who like portable systems. 3DS numbers are inflated a tad anyway. I know a few hardcore collectors like myself who have bought several limited edition versions. I think I am at 15 myself, lost track.  

Off course people are not born Nintendo fans. They start of as kids through their parents. Then as they mature they vanish or stay. Most kids vanish these days as Nintendo is not the cool console anymore because it hasn't got the cool third party games everyone is playing.

Most hardcore Nintendo fans (the ones I am referring to who buy both) would be in their late 20s to mid 30s, mostly male who grew up with a NES/SNES. These are the most loyal ones left and don't give a fuck about status of being the cool kid as they matured beyond that.  

A lot of text, yet none of that really has anything to do with the argument. I'll assume you understand that Nintendo games appeal to the general gamer but just don't want to outright admit it. Same with not needing to reveal most games years in advance to have a successful console.

You're missing the point here. Yes Nintendo games appeal to the general gamers but Nintendo games alone will not move many consoles to them. Not everyone can afford multiple consoles. They need good 3rd party games that appeal to the masses. This is what i'm talking about, Nintendo needs to be able to show something solid to win those people in their presentation showing they fully support that game being on their system. The Marios, Zeldas, Pokemons are generational games that we all know will come eventually. It has been like that since the NES. These shouldn't be a big surprise to see at E3.

Sony 1st Party + promise of great 3rd party support (which they showed as their future offerings) is what is needed to convince people on the fence.

Yes the Switch has been successful but this is Nintendo in 2nd gear. They should be more aggressive and not coast. They could be making so much more money if they stepped it up. 

My E3 ratings so far:

EA - 1/10
Microsoft - 9/10
Bethesda - 8/10
Square Enix - 3/10
Ubisoft - 7/10
Sony - 6/10

Honestly doubt Nintendo can come out on top, I'm expecting to give em another 7/10 like last year, but that's still good of course.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
A lot of text, yet none of that really has anything to do with the argument. I'll assume you understand that Nintendo games appeal to the general gamer but just don't want to outright admit it. Same with not needing to reveal most games years in advance to have a successful console.

You're missing the point here. Yes Nintendo games appeal to the general gamers but Nintendo games alone will not move many consoles to them. Not everyone can afford multiple consoles. They need good 3rd party games that appeal to the masses. This is what i'm talking about, Nintendo needs to be able to show something solid to win those people in their presentation showing they fully support that game being on their system. The Marios, Zeldas, Pokemons are generational games that we all know will come eventually. It has been like that since the NES. These shouldn't be a big surprise to see at E3.

Sony 1st Party + promise of great 3rd party support (which they showed as their future offerings) is what is needed to convince people on the fence.

Yes the Switch has been successful but this is Nintendo in 2nd gear. They should be more aggressive and not coast. They could be making so much more money if they stepped it up. 

Oh god, you're seriously taking the "Nintendo needs 3rd party games to have success!" angle? Welp, this discussion is over then! Just gonna let the Switch's continued success despite minimal 3rd party support do the talking for me!

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Honestly doubt Nintendo can come out on top, I'm expecting to give em another 7/10 like last year, but that's still good of course.

7/10 for last year's direct ? I suppose you weren't watching the direct 

SKMBlake said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

7/10 for last year's direct ? I suppose you weren't watching the direct 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/post.php?id=8457046

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:

Oh god, you're seriously taking the "Nintendo needs 3rd party games to have success!" angle? Welp, this discussion is over then! Just gonna let the Switch's continued success despite minimal 3rd party support do the talking for me!

I never said it wasn't successful. However there is Lebron James successful and Michael Jordan successful. What is wrong with wanting them to be better than they are?

All i want at this point is 1 game announced and see link and Zelda having Botw abilities in Smash.

Imagine if Link's jump is now Revali's air thing and he uses his hang-glider to fall slowly like Peach's umbrella.
Zelda using her light supersayan powers as a final smash would be dopeeeeee.