5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139
Nuvendil said:
animegaming said:

They were earlier after the MS conference, but holy shit King Zell made me incredibly nervous.

He's just stormed out of the thread too because people were misquoting him xD

What a shitshow

Man I told a friend on twitter that all I want is Smash and Fire Emblem tomorrow and cause of his teasing I am so worried that is has been delayed. Really hope its one of those "other things" he mentioned.

Around the Network

Yeah I read that thread too and I got anxious. >.>
I'm really hoping this isn't a "Smash Direct".

9 more hours.

I might have to stop lurking ResetEra for a bit if it turns out bad. I don't want to see the toxic aftermath.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:

When did I say there is a 100 million Nintendo fans? All i did was use Wii as an example how the console suddenly stalled in sales because the actual games stop coming. Casual helped get it to 100 million but Nintendo should have focused more on the actual gamers during the 3rd and 4th year of the consoles life instead of continuing with the Blue Ocean strategy.

The same will happen to Switch, once the small hardcore Nintendo base is exhausted if there is nothing enticing to a general gamer.

Also no the PS4 sold to gamers in general not just fans. Why do you think Xbox sales are down this gen? There is a portion of gamer who will flip sides if there is something they want, they have no loyalty to the console. Sony promised a lot at launch Xbox fucked it up, closed a few studios shortly after. Why do you think Microsoft are now expanding again. They realised they fucked up and you already got gamers being pleased that Microsoft are starting to take gaming somewhat seriously again.

Just like the GSW owner said when they won the NBA finals, you gotta dream big to achieve big. No need to play everything safe. Safe is the Nintendo hardcore fan, give them their generational releases and they will be happy. Add on top o that to capturea a few generation of kids and ensure they stay there before they grow up and PlayStation or Xbox start looking more enticing to own.

You said Nintendo can only sell to non-fans by announcing games 2+ years in advance. They didn't do that with the Wii, so according to your logic everyone who bought it is a Nintendo fan, hence my comment.

So what is the exact size of the small hardcore fanbase and by extension, what do you expect the Switch to sell before it falls off a cliff? How much does it need to sell before you stop pretending to know the preferences and gaming habits of millions of people you've never met?

I can just say Microsoft fans became Sony fans then.

Well for a home console 15-20 million, for a portable 40-50 million. Then throw in a percentage on top were parents by their kids the "kid friendly" console.

We all know Wii sold to casual also, that is an outlayer as they did not come back for more. They failed to recapture them with the Wii U.

Exactly my point, Microsoft fans jumped ship because Sony showed promise in the future.

Around the Network

Come on Ninty, don't disappoint!

Im hyped. They have to have something up their sleeve.
If they announce Mother 3 auto 10/10 though.

I've been digging through the Resetera thread. Can anyone summarise? As far as I can see it, people are suggesting that Smash is going to be the big focus, we aren't going to see any 2019 games, and the only new announcements are Mario Party 11 and Viewitful Joe 3.

Using spoiler tags because I don't want to ruin things for people, I'd be disappointed if Fire Emblem isn't coming this year.

Last edited by Asriel - on 12 June 2018

Tagging for incoming direct .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Asriel said:

I've been digging through the Resetera thread. Can anyone summarise? As far as I can see it, people are suggesting that Smash is going to be the big focus, we aren't going to see any 2019 games, and the only new announcements are Mario Party 11 and Viewitful Joe 3.

Using spoiler tags because I don't want to ruin things for people, I'd be disappointed if Fire Emblem isn't coming this year.

I´d take that if they announce another exclusive with it and show FE. Im expecting more though, Im pretty sure Nintendo knows the hype they are surrounded with right now.