By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump cancels North Korea summit

Maxosaurus-rex said:
morenoingrato said:

Can you educate me and show me unbias media and real facts?

Keep in mind I acknowledge North Korea is brutal and corrupt and untrustworthy, but I just want to know the facts you are referring to.

How about the fact that the test site was already destroyed before they put on theatrics. Or how about the fact that hey, north korea has done this nonsense before and threatened to cancel the meeting themselves like many predicted they would after setting up the meeting

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43894394

Still speculation. For instance, it could be just one part that collapsed and the rest is perfectly fine for some additional tests. But now that the entrances and mines are destroyed, it's gone for good.

But I give you that this potentially has made the decision easier for NK to destroy them for good after those collapses.

Or how about the fact that the military drills are planned months in advance, North Korea said they wouldn't protest this year, and the US didn't deploy their usual but instead scaled down. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/talks-north-korea-stop-annual-us-south-korea/story?id=53608746

Planned in advance also means they can be called off in advance. The fact that Trump only slightly downscaled instead of cancelling it amids the talks about the summit can be seen as a provocation, especially after killing the deal with Iran. But I agree in sofar that NK is overreacting about it.

But sure, let's go with your "facts" or... You could check your sources bias... Which is probably occupy democrats Facebook 

Now that I would consider flaming,  please keep that out of the discussion

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Aeolus451 said:
More than likely, Kim was making ridiculous demands. Better to cancel and negotiate from that position versus making concessions to something unreasonable.

Actually it is smart moves, Trump playing like a true CEO in dealing with sales and bargaining, he will sometimes pull and sometimes push , and it look like he like playing kite. He just want to play with the current situation. The one who need the negotiations are Kim Jong Un not Trump. 

I think you missed what I meant. Anyway I agree.

Maxosaurus-rex said:

Except, I have. The person I quoted was borderline conspiracy theorist grounded in half truths and lies. Really, common knowledge doesn't need to be sourced. It is common knowledge NK pulls through is shit regularly which is why no US president has met with them. It's common knowledge that the US demands commitment from NK in denuclearization before meetings which started long before Trump.

I'm pretty confident that guy is basing his post off of thinkprogress or occupy democrats. The lefts equal to Alex Jones

I disagree, the only thing that doesn't need to be sourced are opinions. You can't present your perspective towards something as common knowledge. Secondly, of course the conflict goes deeper than "NK pulls through is shit" - there's multiple reasons why there hasn't been any meeting.

To the second point of your statement, why does the US demand denuclearization of North Korea, but not Israel or Pakistan?

So much for that nobel prize!

Trump shows the world once more what a clown he is.

Kinda reminds me of that time when Mr. Satan desperately tried to avoid fighting Cell. Hilariously pathetic.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Actually North Korea would be crazy to trust the US anyways. With how easily they left the Iran deal, the Paris agreement etc and mentioning how they screwed Libya over didn't help. Honestly anyone in the world who trusts the US right now is an idiot. I just hope the damned military of USA stays away from Iran and doesn't screw it over like it did so many others

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Can you add more to the OP please, a tweeted image doesn't suffice.

Kaneman! said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Except, I have. The person I quoted was borderline conspiracy theorist grounded in half truths and lies. Really, common knowledge doesn't need to be sourced. It is common knowledge NK pulls through is shit regularly which is why no US president has met with them. It's common knowledge that the US demands commitment from NK in denuclearization before meetings which started long before Trump.

I'm pretty confident that guy is basing his post off of thinkprogress or occupy democrats. The lefts equal to Alex Jones

I disagree, the only thing that doesn't need to be sourced are opinions. You can't present your perspective towards something as common knowledge. Secondly, of course the conflict goes deeper than "NK pulls through is shit" - there's multiple reasons why there hasn't been any meeting.

To the second point of your statement, why does the US demand denuclearization of North Korea, but not Israel or Pakistan?

Actually, it's pretty much a widely accepted rule that common knowledge doesn't need to be sourced. Disagree all you want about that. It's a fact.

Because Isreal is an ally... Did you seriously just ask that?? You might have well asked why the US doesn't put sanctions on UK

Maxosaurus-rex said:

Actually, it's pretty much a widely accepted rule that common knowledge doesn't need to be sourced. Disagree all you want about that. It's a fact.

Because Isreal is an ally... Did you seriously just ask that?? You might have well asked why the US doesn't put sanctions on UK

Again, if people disagree with you, then saying "I am right, and you are wrong" is not the way to go about. Want to show that you're right? Prove it.

Israel doesn't even confirm that they have nuclear weapons, and they are NOT signatories of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty, so it is definitely NOT the same as putting sanctions on the UK, it's preventing them to amass a nuclear stockpile. And you ignored Pakistan. How about India, then?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

How about the fact that the test site was already destroyed before they put on theatrics. Or how about the fact that hey, north korea has done this nonsense before and threatened to cancel the meeting themselves like many predicted they would after setting up the meeting

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43894394

Still speculation. For instance, it could be just one part that collapsed and the rest is perfectly fine for some additional tests. But now that the entrances and mines are destroyed, it's gone for good.

But I give you that this potentially has made the decision easier for NK to destroy them for good after those collapses.

Or how about the fact that the military drills are planned months in advance, North Korea said they wouldn't protest this year, and the US didn't deploy their usual but instead scaled down. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/talks-north-korea-stop-annual-us-south-korea/story?id=53608746

Planned in advance also means they can be called off in advance. The fact that Trump only slightly downscaled instead of cancelling it amids the talks about the summit can be seen as a provocation, especially after killing the deal with Iran. But I agree in sofar that NK is overreacting about it.

But sure, let's go with your "facts" or... You could check your sources bias... Which is probably occupy democrats Facebook 

Now that I would consider flaming,  please keep that out of the discussion

Sure, it's speculation... Which is why NK needed to build another tunnel right before they announced they would collapse it. The last test was on a spectacular scale.

http://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-hydrogen-bomb-test-evidence-2017-9

Let's also not pretend the NK has used these types of theatrics before.

They were canceled/postponed in advanced. Then they resumed. Which then had the OK from NK.

Seriously, you think that pointing out terrible sources is flaming? That's the only way people in this thread could possibly come to their conclusions. This shit has been covered for over two decades now that we have a clear understanding of how NK operates