By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Detroit: Become Human Reviews: 79 Metacritic, 80 OpenCritic

That's better than I was expecting, a full 10 points above Beyond: Two Souls (though still lower than Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain), I figured all the SJW critics would skewer the game after the sexual harassment controversy David Cage got embroiled in last year. I also figured the fact that many critics have gotten bored with these types of interactive stories after years of multiple Telltale release would garner Detroit more low scores.

I'm glad it reviewed well, can't wait to play it.

Around the Network
method114 said:
So is this one of those games like Beyond two souls?

Yes, but it's more like "Heavy Rain" - with more decision-possibilities and details in the gameworld)

The staging and atmosphere is so fantastic, I am very impressed. Too bad that some editors rate it badly - because they do not accept the genre. Video games are so much more than just fun / gameplay. Metal Gear Solid (very profound games, part 1 to 4) and Yakuza are perfect examples - better than any movie and also playable :) In "Detroit Become Human" also psychology and philosophy play a role, thats cool :) I'm so ready for this game. The first/second time I play the game alone, after that with friends at night together :)

"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

CGI-Quality said:

Eh, 7/0 is not mediocre (which means not very good).  

VideoGamer - 4/10
Digitally Downloaded - 2/5
Slant Magazine - 2.5/5
God is a Geek - 5/10

Those are closer to what mediocre is. Considering it will settle around 77/78, I'd say it's doing fine numerically. 

mediocre
adjective

1. of only average quality;
According to Metacritic, average scores are those from 50 to 75.

G O O D B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, 7/0 is not mediocre (which means not very good).  

VideoGamer - 4/10
Digitally Downloaded - 2/5
Slant Magazine - 2.5/5
God is a Geek - 5/10

Those are closer to what mediocre is. Considering it will settle around 77/78, I'd say it's doing fine numerically. 

mediocre
adjective

If you're going to link a definition, link the whole thing

"of only moderate quality; not very good."

Besides, Metacritic calls 50-74 mixed or average, but that's them and even then, a 7/10 translates to a B). I'm talking in general. 7/10 is considered above average (or a "C" in school). 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 May 2018

KazumaKiryu said:
method114 said:
So is this one of those games like Beyond two souls?

Yes, but it's more like "Heavy Rain" - only better (more decision possibilities and details in the gameworld)

The staging and atmosphere is so fantastic, I am very impressed. Too bad that some editors rate it badly - because they do not accept the genre. Video games are so much more than just fun / gameplay. Metal Gear Solid (very profound games, part 1 to 4) and Yakuza are perfect examples - better than any movie and also playable :) In "Detroit Become Human" also psychology and philosophy play a role, thats cool :)

Hmm never played heavy rain. While I slightly enjoyed Beyond Two souls because I like story heavy games this was to story heavy for me. The game play was lacking big time. I like a nice mix.

Around the Network
method114 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Yes, but it's more like "Heavy Rain" - only better (more decision possibilities and details in the gameworld)

The staging and atmosphere is so fantastic, I am very impressed. Too bad that some editors rate it badly - because they do not accept the genre. Video games are so much more than just fun / gameplay. Metal Gear Solid (very profound games, part 1 to 4) and Yakuza are perfect examples - better than any movie and also playable :) In "Detroit Become Human" also psychology and philosophy play a role, thats cool :)

Hmm never played heavy rain. While I slightly enjoyed Beyond Two souls because I like story heavy games this was to story heavy for me. The game play was lacking big time. I like a nice mix.

i understand :) "Detroit Become Human" has more gameplay and playable characters than "BTS", says the developer. You can play the demo in PS4Store, if you like :)

"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

CGI-Quality said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:
mediocre
adjective

Since you only linked the definition you wanted, I did the same :)

To clarify, I'm using mediocre as "average" here. My point still stands.

G O O D B O I

CGI-Quality said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:
mediocre
adjective

Had already a similar debate with Curl on these definitions. Interpretation will differ from individual to another one, that's it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CGI-Quality said:

Besides, Metacritic calls 50-74 mixed or average, but that's them. I'm talking in general. 7/10 is considered above average (or a "C" in school). 

I think people usually think of 70 as an average score. Just look at No Man's Sky... That has a 71 on PS4, and people generally consider it as a bad or average game (at launch, at least).

G O O D B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Since you only linked the definition you wanted, I did the same :)

To clarify, I'm using mediocre as "average" here. My point still stands.

As does mine, especially considering the edit. A 7/10, to them, translates to a 'B'. In school, it is a 'C'.

Case rested.

LuccaCardoso1 said: 
CGI-Quality said: 

Besides, Metacritic calls 50-74 mixed or average, but that's them. I'm talking in general. 7/10 is considered above average (or a "C" in school). 

I think people usually think of 70 as an average score. Just look at No Man's Sky... That has a 71 on PS4, and people generally consider it as a bad or average game (at launch, at least).

Eh, I don't let people choose my points for me. For instance, many hated GTA IV. Yet, the numerics work against that. Plus, something can't be both bad (below average) and average. :P

But, it's your view. I just differ on the definition of mediocre.