By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids Donkey Kong Adventure DLC: Trailer and more

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Well, BOTW is a 30fps game so it's got twice as much rendering time per frame, though at the same time it is a Wii U game at heart and I think that shows in that Odyssey does have spiffier shaders.

The best looking Switch games to date for me are Odyssey, Kingdom Battle, FAST RMX, and Outlast II.

Yeah, those do make a strong case.  Doom in handheld is pretty impressive.  Wolfenstein 2 though looks even more polished.  

There's actually a couple of great tech analyses someone did on Odyssey and Breath of the Wild too, need to look them up and post them here.  Some really cool stuff.

Xenoblade 2 is rougher than those big 4 but I think the potential in the engine is big.  If they can optimize and refine it so that it can run at higher resolutions - say 900p - with the next game they could habe something quite special.  Cause when the game fires on all cylinders like in Leftheria or during a lot of your action cutscenes, it can look really good.

Wolf 2 will probably be the single most advanced game on Switch when it launches, though whether that translates to "prettiest" remains to be seen, as like Doom it will likely have a few rough edges due to being ported down from much stronger hardware. Typically games that are crafted specifically for the hardware, like Kingdom Battle, come off as nicer to look at.