By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A brilliant breakdown of the current state of journalism and fake news.

The fake news against kanye is pretty interesting

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

CNN is a pretty reliable news source.

The days of good press are gone. They found out they can make tons of money and thus now do it for such.

Even YouTuber's as you say fall to the fold. They may be good in the beginning and still may be 1000x better than the mainstream, but the bigger they get the more they fall.

It's hard to take any of the major news sources seriously these days. I find you may as well just assume there is major slant and intentionally missing information in every story that could be remotely politicized.

John2290 said:
jason1637 said:
CNN is a pretty reliable news source.

Joke?

Please say you're joking...

I'm not. Why don't you think CNN is reliable? 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
The days of good press are gone. They found out they can make tons of money and thus now do it for such.

Even YouTuber's as you say fall to the fold. They may be good in the beginning and still may be 1000x better than the mainstream, but the bigger they get the more they fall.

I think this kind of attitude should be avoided.

It's easy to point the finger to someone else (the news media in this case) but I think we have our responsibilities as the audience as well.

The graph at 5:45 is quite explanatory, during mid-2000s people stopped reading newspapers and shifted to new media and free press. You simply can't expect to have good press if don't spend the proper time and money for it.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 21 May 2018

Sure, I trust the guy complaining people are mean to Trump, Jordan Peterson, the Nazi pug lad and all the other clowns, to provide a thoughtful and evidence-based report on the rise of fake news 🙄

Edit: WOW, he is really mad about that nazi pug guy!

Tulipanzo said:

Sure, I trust the guy complaining people are mean to Trump, Jordan Peterson, the Nazi pug lad and all the other clowns, to provide a thoughtful and evidence-based report on the rise of fake news 🙄

Edit: WOW, he is really mad about that nazi pug guy!

The most frustrating part of the last few years is finding myself playing devil's advocate for Trump.

jason1637 said:
John2290 said:

Joke?

Please say you're joking...

I'm not. Why don't you think CNN is reliable? 

Check out The Knife Media. You'll see how often CNN and other major news outlets spin and/or slant the news.

EDIT: I also moved the thread to the politics section.

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 21 May 2018

A really good breakdown. It's sad to see what the news-media has become where getting Trump on every little thing is more important than facts. To me the whole thing with his comments on M-13 was pretty pathetic, the way news-media twisted his words