By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - John Woo making a Metroid movie?!?!

Did you say John Woo?

You all do know the metroid series was inspired by Alien and Aliens?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
Soriku said:
JESSICA ALBA AS SAMUS.

I think a Metroid movie would be good, compared to like Mario and Zelda lol.

i 100% disagree with you

yes alba is hot, but her last three movie have been bombs,  her movies dont do well 

Soriku said:
JESSICA ALBA AS SAMUS.

lol though I share your enthusiasm about Jessica Alba as being hot and a cool Samus, it's just not her. She doesn't embody a female who can be a bounty hunter. Women like Lucy Liu are great actresses who are hot, yet tough at the same time. Lucy Liu, however, is Asian and that kind of move to put her in the role for Samus will be blasphemous for the videogame world and quite possibly in Hollywood as well.

Because of that, I think Uma Thurman would make a good choice. Though I have mixed thoughts about her looks (she is average to poor in my eyes on the look department) she has the image of a tough woman ever since the Kill Bill movies were made, so she would be great for this role.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

pakidan101 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
RolStoppable said:
No Metroid movie. There shouldn't be a Metroid movie. Just no.

Exactly. It would ruin the Metroid franchise.

Would the movie be bad? Prolly. Would it ruin the franchise? I'm not too sure about that.

Yes, so far all video-game based movies have been from bad to downright horrible, and it will prolly just get worse. But everybody has to realize that the stories and the memories experienced from video games cannot and will prolly never come close to the experiences that come from a movie.

Movies are too quick. They can only be about 2.5 to 3 hours long before the audience will start crying from torture, not from laughter or beauty of the movie. And they can never tell the whole story, otherwise people will start to ask "So what? Do I really need to know that?"

Second of all, directors feel the need to tell their own version of the story. Take for example, Shakespeare plays. William Shakespeare made many great plays, from Antony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliet, Othello, and other great plays. While having excellent plot stories and standing out as true masterpieces, drama directors of today's world never, ever re-create those plays with exact detail. It's like the cardinal rule. Nowadays, all of Shakespearian plays have a twist to their story, so as to be relevant to today's society.

My point is that it is obvious that John Woo, if he is actually going to make a Metroid game, is going to put his own interpretation of the series onto the screen. Now, is it going to an interpretation like the Super Mario Bros. game? God hope not. But, let's just hope it is a good interpretation and be as popular as the Spiderman movies, the Batman movies etc., or at least a start in a good direction.

Samus is a character without a well-defined personality because most of the Metroid games have zero interaction.  Everyone who has played Metroid games has formed their idea of who Samus is themselves.  Were anyone to make a movie, it would likely disappoint a lot of people because it's almost guaranteed that not everyone shares the same concept of who Samus is.

No matter what the director puts on the screen, some will be disappointed.  And when you start out with a niche movie, disappointing a good portion of your niche will be bad for business.

I don't like the idea of a movie,IMO Samus isn't a right character for a movie
But i don't think it could ever ruin the franchise...it could help to casuals know the character and help for future sales, cause right know Metroid ain't as famous as before.
Maybe the hard fan of the metroid games could feel it ruin the franchise, but they are not going to abandon a game they like just for a movie

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network
pakidan101 said:
Soriku said:
JESSICA ALBA AS SAMUS.

lol though I share your enthusiasm about Jessica Alba as being hot and a cool Samus, it's just not her. She doesn't embody a female who can be a bounty hunter. Women like Lucy Liu are great actresses who are hot, yet tough at the same time. Lucy Liu, however, is Asian and that kind of move to put her in the role for Samus will be blasphemous for the videogame world and quite possibly in Hollywood as well.

Because of that, I think Uma Thurman would make a good choice. Though I have mixed thoughts about her looks (she is average to poor in my eyes on the look department) she has the image of a tough woman ever since the Kill Bill movies were made, so she would be great for this role.

if kira knightley can play a bounty hunter in domino Alba can play samus damn it ! Oh the movie would make more people know about Metroid so the game franchise will proably sell more even if the movie sucks. 

I said this in another thread and I'm going to say it again. They should stop making movies based on games. They very rarely work. For a number of reasons, most directors that make game based movies are crap directors. But most games also don't have very good storylines. So yeah. I vote no.

If they make a Metroid movie they should not I repeat should not cast a wellknown actress as Samus

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints