By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - John Woo making a Metroid movie?!?!

Soriku said:
JESSICA ALBA AS SAMUS.

I think a Metroid movie would be good, compared to like Mario and Zelda lol.
i could not agree with you more ! tho she pregnant right now :(   

Around the Network

I don't care if this movie sucks or is great, I WANNA SEE IT!

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

How would that work. 2.5hr movie where 2hrs is spent finding different weapons and suit upgrades? Then .5hrs of killing some bad ass mother brain?

I think that Zelda April fools day was a better suited movie.

RIDLEY?

SW-5120-1900-6153

This is definitely a hoax, though it might be interesting to see if done right
with proper budgets and maybe james cameron(aliens again)
who knows,it could turn out to be pretty awesome
but john woo?
HELL NO

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
brawl4life said:
Soriku said:
JESSICA ALBA AS SAMUS.

I think a Metroid movie would be good, compared to like Mario and Zelda lol.
i could not agree with you more ! tho she pregnant right now :(

i don't know.. she looks nothing like samus, despite being good looking

Anywho.. not sure if i want a metroid movie.. if i there was one.. i'd definitely prefer it to be completely CG, because that'd mean they won't screw up with the choice of actress

superchunk said:
How would that work. 2.5hr movie where 2hrs is spent finding different weapons and suit upgrades? Then .5hrs of killing some bad ass mother brain?

I think that Zelda April fools day was a better suited movie.

Well it could start from her being a child.. having ridley kill her parents and all.. and growing up, being trained, with the chozo.. then she makes her way through the movie looking for clues ultimately leading to her finding and killing ridley

or it could even show her killing off ridley at the start of the movie, and then when she thinks her life is peaceful again.. bam! meta ridley shows up

Or it could even completely screw around with the storyline, and make Ridley and Mother Brain a part of Dark Samus' army.. then the ultimate fight at the end would be between dark/normal samus, while at the same time their fighting location is being invaded by space pirates who are fighting with the galactic federation thing

*double post*

RolStoppable said:
No Metroid movie. There shouldn't be a Metroid movie. Just no.

Exactly.  It would ruin the Metroid franchise.

Words Of Wisdom said:
RolStoppable said:

Exactly. It would ruin the Metroid franchise.

Would the movie be bad? Prolly. Would it ruin the franchise? I'm not too sure about that.

Yes, so far all video-game based movies have been from bad to downright horrible, and it will prolly just get worse. But everybody has to realize that the stories and the memories experienced from video games cannot and will prolly never come close to the experiences that come from a movie.

Movies are too quick. They can only be about 2.5 to 3 hours long before the audience will start crying from torture, not from laughter or beauty of the movie. And they can never tell the whole story, otherwise people will start to ask "So what? Do I really need to know that?"

Second of all, directors feel the need to tell their own version of the story. Take for example, Shakespeare plays. William Shakespeare made many great plays, from Antony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliet, Othello, and other great plays. While having excellent plot stories and standing out as true masterpieces, drama directors of today's world never, ever re-create those plays with exact detail. It's like the cardinal rule. Nowadays, all of Shakespearian plays have a twist to their story, so as to be relevant to today's society.

My point is that it is obvious that John Woo, if he is actually going to make a Metroid game, is going to put his own interpretation of the series onto the screen. Now, is it going to an interpretation like the Super Mario Bros. game? God hope not. But, let's just hope it is a good interpretation and be as popular as the Spiderman movies, the Batman movies etc., or at least a start in a good direction.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

RolStoppable said:

You're only against it because you can't do speed runs on a movie =P

To Each Man, Responsibility