By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 4 Is Setting A Dangerous Precedent

Seventizz said:
It sends a message that some gamers simply prefer multiplayer experiences than the tired scripted AI formula which for a shooter - makes little sense given where technology is at.

I welcome and prefer multiplayer gaming. Single player games are mostly dead to me.

Regarding Single Player Games vs Multiplayer games, I am the absolute opposite of you it seems.

Multiplayer games are nothing more than a redundant social experiment to me. If I felt the need to interact through a game with other people I'd get a board game like Chess and I would play it with people being actually in front of me. Mutliplayer online is nothing more than an extension of this paradigm.

Whereas Single Player video gaming is intrinsically speaking original and logic. Playing against the computer is a challenge specific to this day and age of electronics and computers, you don't need an actual person if you are challenged by an AI and if sociability is what you seek then you play against people that are actually in front of you. But playing on a machine online against people is nothing more than an extension of the social gaming activity paradigm of past generations. It's a choice I guess but not mine.

I can't even say that multiplayer games are dead to me since they were never alive to begin with.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Ganoncrotch said:
It's one of the few times I see a game name and don't want to see anything else about it, would make me worry if it caught on, I'm not sure I could handle playing Final Fantasy IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Gotta give you props for actually counting out each and every key stroke. Impressive lol.

Hey, I could have been talking about FFIIIIIIIIIIIII-2 or the FFIIIIIII-R you don't know!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Well, i won't be playing it. The campaign mode, is all that i play.

It's over, I can't continue this shit anymore ...

The only reason I stuck with CoD over the years was to get my over the top FPS fix in their campaigns since their online multiplayer game modes just weren't good enough nor did each entry last long enough for competitive play when they started annualizing this franchise with new mechanics god knows every year so far ...

I would only consider online if it is to access content that can only be exclusively offered when using that specific functionality or for competitive play but I wouldn't be doing the former so much if there was an offline option to begin with so that just leaves the latter and CoD just isn't acceptable enough on that front ...

I've held off so long from getting Overwatch despite it's good reviews is because I'm not all that interested in it's "cute" and colourful design and I also don't like the competitive scene all that much either but I have the same exact issue with Fortnite too so the only Battle Royale game I would dare try is PUBG ...

CoD as a franchise has probably lost me permanently and not even bringing back single player could entice me anymore ...

Why do you think this company and others have been trying to persuade people singleplayer is dead? They want to offer less and work less for more money. Thank GOD for Nintendo and Sony.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Seventizz said:
It sends a message that some gamers simply prefer multiplayer experiences than the tired scripted AI formula which for a shooter - makes little sense given where technology is at.

I welcome and prefer multiplayer gaming. Single player games are mostly dead to me.

Call of Duty sells how many millions of copies and the franchise has made how many billions of dollars?
It's not a tall order simply asking for both to be met to placate all demographics is it?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

... so it doesn't have a campaign? Even if some people didn't play it, the BO3 campaign was actually better than most, I actually completed it and I'd never completed a BOs campaign. In CoD I'd only completed MW1, 2 and 3 for the story sake. But BO3s actually had more than just that in it, it had other modes inside the campaign, loadouts and stuff.

The MP has HP bars, no auto healing, which will be odd. Plus the trailer for the Battle Royale isn't even gameplay, it's CGI, in other words, it's tacked on. Quickly.

I will preorder for the Beta code, then cancel that preorder after, just so they know.

Hmm, pie.

I think BO4 is bound to be the worst-selling COD, whatever that means because it will sell millions on the name alone. As for Battle Royale i think it will be very much like MMO's where there is going to be one or two hits but most of them are going to fail.

No campaign? Wouldnt have bought it anyway.

Hunting Season is done...

Oh damn. Now the market is gonna get flooded with multiplayer games that have no campaign. What a dangerous precedent that just now happened.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.