By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoVacation announced for Switch releases on 7/27

From what I understand the original was a pretty good game that probably got ignored because people thought it was yet another shovelware title.

I didn't get it back then but I may do it this time. We'll see.

Around the Network

I bought this game for my younger sister on the Wii but found myself playing split screen with her at times and having a blast.

Barkley said:
Darwinianevolution said:
So Wii Sports Resort without Miis? Who is making this?

Bandai Namco... just googled... turns out this is a port of a Wii Game.... I'm a lot less interested. xD

Wait, is this one of the promised titles by Namco-Bandai? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Looks interesting.

I could be interested if it was a new version,but it is just a port of the Wii game. Pass.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Sunstrider said:
I remember a game like this on the Wii when I was younger, first time I played that I had a blast, is this the same game? Looks really similar.

Yeah this seems like the same game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Vacation

I don't know about this game, but I would kill for a sequel to Wii Sports Resort.

I think the time is right for Nintendo to bring back Wii Sports...

We're far enough removed from the initial release of Wii Sports that people will appreciate the nostalgia...

Plus there's now a whole generation of young gamers who have never heard of Wii Sports...

I know we had Wii Sports Club or whatever on Wii U, but I think they would have better luck on the Switch...

I'm not going to predict it, but I would be very surprised if they announced something at E3...

Have a nice day...

Initially not interested but liking the art style. Gonna give it a look...

leedlelee said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I don't know about this game, but I would kill for a sequel to Wii Sports Resort.

We're far enough removed from the initial release of Wii Sports that people will appreciate the nostalgia...

Plus there's now a whole generation of young gamers who have never heard of Wii Sports...

I know we had Wii Sports Club or whatever on Wii U, but I think they would have better luck on the Switch...

I'm not going to predict it, but I would be very surprised if they announced something at E3...

I'd be 100% on board. I would like both a Wii Sports Resort-esque mini-game collection -- maybe this time with more island exploration -- and an old-school arcade sports package. 

I think there's a demand for sports games without all the complicated mechanics of modern sports sims. Something like a call-back to the NES days.

I never heard about this game before, but look quite interesting and packed with difrent kind of content, Switch lacks this kind of games.

leedlelee said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Wii brand is dead and Nintendo dont have intention to bring Wii brand back to Switch.

Basically this games is like Wii Sports/Resorts just with more content/mini games.

Darwinianevolution said: 
Barkley said: 

Bandai Namco... just googled... turns out this is a port of a Wii Game.... I'm a lot less interested. xD

Wait, is this one of the promised titles by Namco-Bandai? XD

Yeah, it seems like that, two more games to go, I predict at least one will be E3 announcements, and probably we talking about Ridge Racer 8.

EDIT

Maybe not, Nintendo is publishing game and maybe they produced it also.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 17 May 2018