By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A motion controller for the PS3 ?

*sigh* Wasn't PS3's "motion" controller the sixaxis =P I mean seriously you could control those planes in warhawk and dragons in Lair perfectly. Anyway to be serious if Sony made another one it would only be jumping on the bandwagon which usually anyone that jumps on will ride the coattails of the one who began the trend, so its not a good idea, the best idea is make yourself unique enough to attract the people who need a console other then their Wii for their HD games or don't like the Wii and choose one of the alternatives.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. Sony is sticking with the DualShock 3, no question, but of course there will be peripherals galore -- among them, motion-sensing peripherals for specialized games. Heck, the more the merrier.

Nice double standard here for Sony and Microsoft. Its okey for Micrsoft but not for Sony?

Yojimbo, it's not ok for anyone. Do you want games like the one's that are on the Wii to be on the PS3? I sure as hell don't.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Yojimbo, it's not ok for anyone. Do you want games like the one's that are on the Wii to be on the PS3? I sure as hell don't.

Oh geez, everyone gets a big slice of shovelware pie!!!

Around the Network

As far as I can see Sixaxis is quite well done, just for some reason developers have no utilised it. I mean for example, they could make the movement good for racing games, flight games and in FPS to move you weapon. Sony won't rip-off Nintendo's control when they've already done a version and when they probably know they've lost the market of non-gamers.

If they really want to make money, make great games for the PS3, games that people who buy games regulary will buy, instead of catering for one type of market that buy 1 game for 1 console and never buy anything again.

Hmm, pie.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Please, please!!!! don't do this.

Console gaming is ruined if everything has to be Wii motes.

True, the Wiimote i good for only the Wii, I dont think it will go far for either the X360 or PS3. Imagine everygame having to use a Wii mote? Im not in anyway bagging the Wii, but that would suck.

lol bbsin,

I think we both agree that, even in these 3 games, u can still play with the classic control ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:
lol bbsin,

I think we both agree that, even in these 3 games, u can still play with the classic control ?

he didnt say that it couldnt be done with a normal control. He said it was done good.

If you put it like that, then Any game on the wii and be done on ps360

Here's one possibility for a transforming controller. Instead of selling separate "remotes" and "nunchucks," they could sell one standardized remote with configurable buttons. So rather than buying two complementary components like on Wii (with the nunchuck being useless on its own), you buy two identical remotes that can either be used by two players separately or synced together and used one in each hand.

If Sony's making one of these, I bet also that it'll run together with the PS Eye somehow. That gives the possibility of absolute position-sensing, which would be a huge leap forward over the Wii.