By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveler May Preview Trailer

RolStoppable said:
Good to know that all story paths can be done in a single playthrough. Not good to know that there will be online functionality. What will it be anyway?

Bravely Default also had online functionality it was mainly just being able to summon a main character from another person's playthrough in battle I'm sure this will be similar.

Around the Network

Can't wait to get this game, glad I already preordered it. I really hope it does well and increases demand for pixel rpgs.

Looking what's announced and already out does the Switch already have more rpgs than the last 3 Nintendo home platforms?

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into this game! This game looks phenomenal!! Just beautiful!!!

JRPGfan said:
Nautilus said:

Biggest new info out of this trailer is easily the part where you can finish all eight stories(and thus beting the game) in one single playthrough!!!!That is huge for me.This game just never stops getting better.

Edit: And yeah, each character first letter of their name forms OCTOPATH.Thats a pretty neat touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfWPqUDnvnA

Why the spoiler tags for that?

I guess game isnt as long as I thought it would be.

For people that dont want to see what is contained within the trailer and just wanted to ser the comments of the users.In hindsight, it was a stupid decision, but that was what I thought when I posted that XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Can't wait! This looks sooo good!

Signature goes here!

Baddman said:
damnit game looks great . i was hoping to hold out until a price drop but i don't know if i can

Yeah same lol. If nintendo is packing everyrhing near the end of year. I may purchase this before then. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is one of the games that make me wish I had a Nintendo Switch, both the gameplay and the graphics look so incredible.

The art direction for this game is outstanding.

The way they manage to use modern visual effects and features yet make the game look and feel like a RPG from the SNES era is simply amazing.

After playing the high quality demo, I will be paying full price for this on day one