By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dinity OS II launches 16th may on Xbox game preview, you can play 3 hours for free.

Announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhIqDDTASs

Beginning on May 16th, Xbox Game Preview will give players special access to the first three hours of DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION’s gameplay, for free! Players can then choose to unlock the entire First Act of the game - approximately 20 hours of adventuring - by purchasing the game. Players will also be able to pick-up from the progress made during this special access preview upon the full launch of DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION in August.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Eek. That is the worst, deal with the devil type shit right there. As much as zi'm dying to play the game, I'll wait til August and have the actual finished product,all polished and wrapped in a bow. Ready to be devoured all in one go.
I face palm at early access but this is somehow even worse, I'd start raging so hard when those hours are up, I can't imagine how infurating it would be... jesus eho is behind the wheel at Xbox making these decisions because they must be on coke, this is a bloody terrible move.
Let what this actually is, sink in and then think of the game Divinity is. Christ on a bike it's beyong nonsensical.

Devs choose themself, some games are one hour only, it is basically a demo and I don't get what is wrong with demo's?

John2290 said:
Eek. That is the worst, deal with the devil type shit right there. As much as zi'm dying to play the game, I'll wait til August and have the actual finished product,all polished and wrapped in a bow. Ready to be devoured all in one go.
I face palm at early access but this is somehow even worse, I'd start raging so hard when those hours are up, I can't imagine how infurating it would be... jesus eho is behind the wheel at Xbox making these decisions because they must be on coke, this is a bloody terrible move.
Let what this actually is, sink in and then think of the game Divinity is. Christ on a bike it's beyong nonsensical.

John2290 said:

You can't simply play for 20 hours ,leave 3 months in between and expect to get back into the game so easily. You'd have restart and then your whole game might go a different direction.

That seems to be a personal problem of you not according to everyone. Other people can easily pause an RPG for months and play from the last savegame after that.

Nobody is forcing you to join the trial or play the first chapter, but why should other people also wait until August due to your problem?

Also, if you are dying to play the game now... the PC version is available for quite a while.

Last edited by Conina - on 19 May 2018

John2290 said:

That's just silly.  It's an option and options are good.  The consumer can take the option or ignore it completely.  If you don't want to go that route then don't, it's as simple as that.  

Personally, I see nothing wrong with trying it out to see if the combat or the story is interesting, then restarting later.  Restarting in these types of games is usually a good idea, anyway, as it gives you a chance to try out different classes and styles or correct mistakes made in ignorance of the mechanics.  I ended up doing exactly that with this very game.

Your hyperbole have very little merit.

Around the Network
John2290 said: 
konnichiwa said:

Devs choose themself, some games are one hour only, it is basically a demo and I don't get what is wrong with demo's?

Yes but you can buy those games now and they aren't cut off from you by months in between. Any other game like an MP shooter or something more easily accessible but Divinity requires investment. First of all the three hours will get you abdolutely no where and if you do decide to buy, You can't simply play for 20 hours ,leave 3 months in between and expect to get back into the game so easily. You'd have restart and then your whole game might go a different direction. They misunderstood the game genre here for this type of service. Again, it's completely nonsensical and I don't know why Larian would agree to this unless it was bucketfulls of money

Not really their were plenty of beta's/demo's where people spend hours and even days (Nioh) and then people have to wait for months, it is not uncommon and that's how it also went on PC.   Secondly Larian put some extra stuff in the early access game that we haven't seen before.  You will come accross a character Billy the early access guy who will aks you questions about the early access version, and typically Larian if you don't like him you can just kill him but he will interrogate you again later in the game as an undead.   honestly just wait or play it now with this conditions it isn't really a issue for me.