By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do they always make Kirby look so angry in American box arts?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Joeykanga said:
What pissed of the American Kirby?

The fact that monsters have invaded his home, killed his friends, stolen his food, and are now trying to kill him.

It's the Japanese Kirby that's messed up.  I think it's on drugs because no sane pink blob would be happy about any of that.

Poring
Pink blob.check
Home invaded. check
Friends killed. check
Food stolen. check
Being hunted to be murdered. check
Unusually happy. check

Coincidence? I think not!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I didn't even notice, but I guess its because of the hardcore competitiveness that appeals to American gamers instead of the free fun that Japan may cater too.

ItsaMii said:
He is angry with all the delays on the american versions. Happy Kirby looks a little gay, but it is much better. Angry and bad ass do not match his design.

I agree 100%.

@iclim, who is this poring? 

Well, it's a long trip from Japan to America, and all that floating/puffing has got to be tough on the pink guy. I think I'd be pretty pissed too undergoing that long trek, just so some people could "play" with him.

Poring is the weakest monster on the crappy MMORPG Ragnarok online. The difference is that kirby have arms and legs and can kick ass.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I agree 100%.

I think it's evil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I agree 100%.

I think it's evil.

Looks frightening. ^^

he wasn't always angry !

oh mistery solved they stole his shortcakes thats why he mad in the us.....

Maybe they think that if they make Kirby angry it will see a lot more hardcore xD to sell better?
That's lame

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:

I think it's evil.

Looks frightening. ^^

indeed it does. ^_^