By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Evil corp Konami just made the most profitable year in their history

Who lose?

Konami lost 2 9.52%

Armchair Gamers/Business ... 6 28.57%

Don't care we have Death Stranding baby! 8 38.10%

Don't know anything remai... 5 23.81%

Total:21

Konami shows record operating profits Fourth straight year of bottom line growth helps publisher surpass previous 2012 high point; no word on Metal Gear Survive performance

Konami released its financial report today for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018. Overall, the report demonstrates continual gains for the fourth year running and record operating profits with digital entertainment representing the majority of the company's revenue once more.  Total revenue was ¥239.5 billion ($2.19 billion), up 4.2% year over year, with operating profits at ¥45.2 billion ($413 million), up 24.3%. The latter surpasses the previous record high operating profit of ¥41.0 billion ($375 million) set in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012.  The majority of Konami's revenue continues to stem from digital entertainment with ¥120.3 billion ($1.1 billion) total revenue up 13.9% year over year. Konami continued its focus on domestic mobile games such as Jikkyou Pawafuru Puryoyakyu. Internationally, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links continued to be an important source of mobile game revenue.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-10-konami-continues-overall-growth-with-mobile-focus

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Well, at least they are happy.
And hey, Kojima's fans are being satisfied too.

It is a victory for both sides, I guess.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 10 May 2018

Yet my interest in this company is at an all time low. Hopefully not too many devs will follow their route.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Yet my interest in this company is at an all time low. Hopefully not too many devs will follow their route.

Truth is finally coming out.

If Death Stranding flops, we will all know who was the victim and the oppressor. :)

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Qwark said:

If Death Stranding flops, we will all know who was the victim and the oppressor. :)

That would be so sad, if Death Stranding flopped and cost Sony a ton of money, and Konami is sitting pretty making sales records... maybe Konami was tired of taking losses on development of Kojima's games and this is their way of saying "I told you so".

Around the Network

So, they made money fooling casuals with their mobile games.

In the console market they tanked aside Super Bomberman R. So, i don't think theres anything wrong here. They went for the casuals that don't know about them.

Ljink96 said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

That would be so sad, if Death Stranding flopped and cost Sony a ton of money, and Konami is sitting pretty making sales records... maybe Konami was tired of taking losses on development of Kojima's games and this is their way of saying "I told you so".

"Losses".......dont think any Kojima game has really ever lost Konami money. Konami has always made majority of their money from other things outside console/PC gaming 

Preston Scott

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Ljink96 said:

"Losses".......dont think any Kojima game has really ever lost Konami money. Konami has always made majority of their money from other things outside console/PC gaming 

Well I guess losses isn't the best word, but I remember something like Konami being pissed about the development costs of Kojima's games.

So they've finally transitioned out of the AAA gaming industry ...

Why can't they just let FROM Software make a Castlevania, it makes so much sense