By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rick and Morty are coming back for at least 70 more episodes

Are you enthused about Rick and Morty's return?

Hell Yeah, Rick and Morty forever! 10 66.67%

I'll watch these new epis... 2 13.33%

Rick and who? Don't know, don't care! 3 20.00%

Total:15

As Professor Farnsworth from Futurama would so eloquently say: Good news everyone!

The brilliant show Rick and Morty that we so far had the pleasure of enjoying through 3 seasons will return for at least 70 more episodes. One can assume these will be shared between more than one season although if next season had 70 episodes you would not see me complain.

The news came on the creators' Instagram account and for those who wonder why this is big news well the thing is, there was no certainty the show would go on past season 3. Personally I hope there will be even more episodes past the new ones coming later on.

Around the Network

That's cool. Great show.

Wow, that's like a 7 season renewal. Funny that a few weeks ago people were afraid it might get cancelled

melbye said:
Wow, that's like a 7 season renewal. Funny that a few weeks ago people were afraid it might get cancelled

Which is why this official confirmation is great news. Going from "I'm sure there will be more seasons" to new seasons actually confirmed is great but going from "This show may very well be cancelled" to official confirmations of new seasons is huge, especially with such a great show.

As for this being 7 more seasons, that's assuming there is only 10 episodes per season. And don't get me wrong, that would be great but I'm hoping there will be at least 20 episodes per season cause it's always better to have more meat to chew than less...

That's awesome!!! Love the show!!

Around the Network

Great! But I hope they release in this lifetime. Because at the pace they are releasing seasons ill probably be dead by the time it hits season 6

bananaking21 said:
Great! But I hope they release in this lifetime. Because at the pace they are releasing seasons ill probably be dead by the time it hits season 6

LOL yeah, they are kind of slow when it comes to the amount of episodes released. People I've talked with on this topic say that it's due to the authors working at length on each episode so the final product is well polished. It's a classic case of quality over quantity I guess.

Never seen the show. Only played the VR game.

Morty became a vegan at the end of it and scream cannon. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

So basically it will be renewed for at least 5 seasons ... (I think their ready to do 14 episodes a season)

Just awesome shit!

fatslob-:O said:
So basically it will be renewed for at least 5 seasons ... (I think their ready to do 14 episodes a season)

Just awesome shit!

That would make the cut, 14 episodes per season would deal with all 70 episodes in 5 seasons without any left overs.

My OCD is happy with this conclusion.