By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Invitational Players Revealed!

Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:

Not really debunked as he got things right even the day information would be released someone in the replies to the tweet even hits on this it's not debunked yet.

The best part is that we're probably going to get other conflicting rumors about Ninty E3, which might deny his statements if one of them becomes true.

Although, we're gonna be set on the first minute of the Spotlight ....

Man, Spyro and Crash would be such a joke for SSB xD

Either way one thing that seems certain is that the game is a new entry as I doubt the Melee players would have bothered if it was a S4 port just remains to be seen what the approach is.



Around the Network

Silly by some people to believe this is any confirmation that the game's gonna be closer to Melee in gameplay just because half the players invited play Melee. This is just Nintendo trying to get the entirety of the Smash community together for a great Smash event, so they chose 4 players from each of Smash's two only relevant communities. It has nothing to do with the gameplay, in fact it is entirely possible that the people responsible for organizing the Invitational don't have access to the game either.



Wyrdness said:
Mar1217 said:

The best part is that we're probably going to get other conflicting rumors about Ninty E3, which might deny his statements if one of them becomes true.

Although, we're gonna be set on the first minute of the Spotlight ....

Man, Spyro and Crash would be such a joke for SSB xD

Either way one thing that seems certain is that the game is a new entry as I doubt the Melee players would have bothered if it was a S4 port just remains to be seen what the approach is.

The fact that the game is the main focus of Nintendo's E3 like BotW and Mario Odyssey were in previous years tells me there's no chance that the game is a simple port. 



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Wyrdness said:

Either way one thing that seems certain is that the game is a new entry as I doubt the Melee players would have bothered if it was a S4 port just remains to be seen what the approach is.

The fact that the game is the main focus of Nintendo's E3 like BotW and Mario Odyssey were in previous years tells me there's no chance that the game is a simple port. 

Why are people still debating this again?



mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The fact that the game is the main focus of Nintendo's E3 like BotW and Mario Odyssey were in previous years tells me there's no chance that the game is a simple port. 

Why are people still debating this again?

Don't know.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Don't really know most of these guys, but I'd still like to watch this



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

mZuzek said:
Silly by some people to believe this is any confirmation that the game's gonna be closer to Melee in gameplay just because half the players invited play Melee. This is just Nintendo trying to get the entirety of the Smash community together for a great Smash event, so they chose 4 players from each of Smash's two only relevant communities. It has nothing to do with the gameplay, in fact it is entirely possible that the people responsible for organizing the Invitational don't have access to the game either.

Odyssey is closer to 64 and BOTW is zelda 1.

A lot of their new games are looking back at what made them so great and taking them to in a new place.

This new game being based on Melee isn’t much of reach considering the trend.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 09 May 2018

BlackBeauty said:
mZuzek said:
Silly by some people to believe this is any confirmation that the game's gonna be closer to Melee in gameplay just because half the players invited play Melee. This is just Nintendo trying to get the entirety of the Smash community together for a great Smash event, so they chose 4 players from each of Smash's two only relevant communities. It has nothing to do with the gameplay, in fact it is entirely possible that the people responsible for organizing the Invitational don't have access to the game either.

Odyssey is closer to 64 and BOTW is zelda 1.

A lot of their new games are looking back at what make them so great and taking them to in a new place.

This new game being based on Melee isn’t much of reach considering the trend.

Hardly a trend at all. Odyssey was based on the 64/Sunshine formula because it was very successful back then and fans really wanted it. BotW wasn't a throwback at all, it takes a lot of inspiration from Zelda 1 but it also takes a lot from the Zeldas that came after, and from loads of other open-world and also not open-world games. The end result is a game that's very much an entirely new thing when it comes to Zelda games.

Also, it's crazy to compare single-player and multiplayer games and pretend the same measures would be applied to both. The design focus of each one is vastly different, and with Nintendo's latest multiplayer game sequels (MK8D and Splatoon 2), we've seen them stick very closely to the Wii U formula. Also, Melee is, despite its large following, not the most successful Smash game nor is the second. Moreso, the two Smash games that were more successful than it were both its successors, and they used a similar design formula between themselves. I think it's far more likely that we see an evolution to the Brawl/Smash 4 formula than the Melee style being brought back, because it is more successful and it's also an approach that satisfies both Sakurai and Nintendo more.