By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will it happen: Mario Tennis Aces Direct?

Will we get a Mario Tennis Aces Direct?

Yyyyyyyyyup! 7 58.33%

NO! GOD PLZ NO! 5 41.67%

Total:12

I believe it will, likely between the 21st-23rd which is a month out from release as game specific directs tend to be. The game is worthy enough for one, could certainly use one to further help regain trust after Ultra Smash. That we still don't got a date for the pre-launch tournament makes me think it's a sure thing now. They haven't announced the time yet because they're waiting for the direct to do so. Plus since the March direct we've heard nothing about the game despite it's imminent release.

And yes, I'm also hoping for this so it doesn't have to show up in the E3 presentation. :L

Around the Network

Last year, they did a direct for Arms about a month for E3, and they probably did that cause they knew that game was coming out right after E3, so they didn't wanna waste any time discussing it at their E3 presentation.

I think there's a good chance we could have a direct for Mario Tennis by the end of the month, only factor that makes me somewhat doubtful is that Arms was a brand new IP that some people might've been skeptical about (the way they presented at the Switch presentation earlier that year made it come off as a gimmick game, when it was far from that), while Mario Tennis is a series that people are significantly more familiar with.

Then again, Ultra Smash was a thing...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Do we really need one? The massive hype alone will sell it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think they spent enough time on it in the last Direct.

No, game is getting launched only 10 days after E3 so there hardly we will be specifk Direct for game, and its almost certain that will also be at E3.

Around the Network

I hope so. I need to see more gameplay and get a date for the tournament. I'm so hyped for it!

They have quite a few things they could cover like:

The single player
bonus modes
Tournaments
and possible character specific traits.

I think it's possible.

I wouldn't be mad if it did happen, but I think it's unlikely.

Voted in the affirmative because I'd like a Tennis Direct - it would be a show of confidence in the game and would mean we don't need to spend much (or any) time with it during the E3 Spotlight.

vivster said:
Do we really need one? The massive hype alone will sell it.

I've seen people coming around on it, but I wouldn't say there's massive hype.

Miyamotoo said:
No, game is getting launched only 10 days after E3 so there hardly we will be specifk Direct for game, and its almost certain that will also be at E3.

ARMS got a direct despite all that. Plus I imagine the pre-launch tournament will be before E3, thus they have to cover the game before then.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Miyamotoo said:

ARMS got a direct despite all that. Plus I imagine the pre-launch tournament will be before E3, thus they have to cover the game before then.

Yeah but Mario Tennis had quite good of chunk last Direct and ARMS is new IP so it actually needed more informations and push. In any case I dont expect Mario Tennis Direct but I definatly expecting that will be shown at E3.