By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Collector’s Edition—opinions?

I’ve never bought a collector’s edition for a game—nothing more than just a steel case version. I normally find CEs (even for my favorite games) to be cheesy and view them as something that would be a waste of space in my house. But, I just finished the new GoW and freakin loved it, and for several days now I’ve just kept itching to get the collector’s edition. I wanted to ask if anyone here got the GoW CE, and if so, what are your thoughts? And you can give your thoughts even if u didn’t buy it:) The statue actually looks pretty sweet,, but you can only tell so much from a picture. And even if I have the money, I don’t want to waste it.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/god-of-war-collectors-edition-playstation-4/6197551.p?skuId=6197551

EDIT:  Sorry, tried to insert a pic, but I can’t get it to work:(

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 08 May 2018

Around the Network

I wanted to buy it and the only reason I didn't is because the collectors edition comes with a digital art book whilst the cheaper limited edition comes with a physical art book. Although I didn't get the statue from the collectors, I found another limited edition statue of beardiman Kratos for £12.99.

I usually scoop up the limited edition, because of the physical art book and steel case. Besides you can usually find the limited edition for $75, while the collectors edition is way more expensive.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It's one of the best statues i've ever gotten with a collector's edition but that was to be expected at that price point. As a whole it is great although i would have loved it if the artbook was physical instead of digital.

Fei-Hung said:
I wanted to buy it and the only reason I didn't is because the collectors edition comes with a digital art book whilst the cheaper limited edition comes with a physical art book. Although I didn't get the statue from the collectors, I found another limited edition statue of beardiman Kratos for £12.99.

Qwark said:
I usually scoop up the limited edition, because of the physical art book and steel case. Besides you can usually find the limited edition for $75, while the collectors edition is way more expensive.

I had never even heard of the limited edition, so I looked it up. Doesn’t look like it’s available in the US:( Things like that are what I normally go for. 

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Fei-Hung said:

Qwark said:

I had never even heard of the limited edition, so I looked it up. Doesn’t look like it’s available in the US:( Things like that are what I normally go for. 

Shame it looks real nice though it's mostly sold out everywhere already.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar