By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK April charts: God of War takes No.1, Nintendo Labo starts slow

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/april-charts-god-of-war-takes-no-1-nintendo-labo-has-slow-start

"Unsurprisingly, God of War debuted at the top of the monthly charts for April, to very strong sales considering it released late in the month, on April 20th. As a comparison, sales for Sony Santa Monica’s title nearly reached in eight days what Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World sold in one month in the UK. Sony announced yesterday that God of War has sold over 3.1m units worldwide in three day."

"the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit entered the charts at No.26, while the Robot Kit didn’t make it to the Top 50 for its first month on shelves. But admittedly Labo offers such a different proposition that it makes it difficult to judge its sales figures."

Top Ten Games for the period between April 1st and April 28th (data courtesy of Gfk/Ukie):

1. God of War
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. FIFA 18
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
  6. Sea of Thieves
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. Fallout 4
  9. Super Mario Odyssey
  10. Call of Duty: WW2

Around the Network

Labo flopped everywhere except Japan

Pinkie_pie said:

Yup i called it.

What do you mean "now means Europe"? It flopped everywhere except maybe japan. People on here were making prediction threads which would sell more gow or labo and some nintendo fans thought labo would win.

Pinkie_pie said:
quickrick said:

Yup i called it.

It certainly does look that way and even then it's not a stellar performer in Japan ... 

I wonder how long it'll be able to keep charting in the top 50 and even top 100 in Amazon US cause even I bought into the snake oil of it's hype ... (I was at least expecting it to debut in the top 10 in the UK)

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
What do you mean "now means Europe"? It flopped everywhere except maybe japan. People on here were making prediction threads which would sell more gow or labo and some nintendo fans thought labo would win.

Im pretty sure most of the people who expected Labo to do well thought it would start out slow.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ya'll. Labo released the 27th in Europe. It had 2 days of sale, vs 8 days (or 2 weeks) for GoW, and the whole month for others.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Thats a shame for Labo. But glad to see MK8D and SMO still in top 10!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Seems that Labo is a no go in EU. Meh in Japan. Have to see how it performs in the US.

Pinkie_pie said:

Many thought that labo would be a huge.