By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Theory about the MCU Future (Major Spoilers for Infinity War and All Films)

I've already announced this in the title, but will just give a final heads up:

Spoiler Alert!!

............................................................................................................................................

So everyone who saw the ending was either very shocked or very unimpressed. Death is never final in these series, right? They would never permanently kill all of these characters, especially considering that there are already announced sequels for Black Panther, Spiderman and Guardians. Now, that said, what was the pattern of the deaths an the end of the films?

Died: Barnes, Drax, Groot, Mantis, Maximoff, Parker, Quill, Strange, T'Challa, and Wilson.

Stayed: Nebula, Stark, Banner, M'Baku, Okoye, Rhodes, Rocket, Rogers, Romanoff, and Thor.

All of those that stayed behind (except for Rocket) are part of the old guard or largely unimportant, while those that disappeared are part of the newer and fresher MCU. With that said, here comes my theory:

- 100% of those that disappeared will remain in the MCU moving forward, while 100% of those that remained alive will have their final appearance at Avengers 4.

It makes perfect sense to me. What do you people think?

Last edited by Moren - on 30 April 2018

Around the Network

Yes.

Possible soul stone exchange to save new heroes as old ones go out.

Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The original 1962 Avengers sacrifice themselves.

I do agree that Avengers 4 is the send-off for many of the Phase 1 characters, but i think Cap and Tony will be the only two that dies. Thor will probably sacrifice his god-status somehow and i don't think Black Widow is going anywhere, neither is Rocket. as for Hulk and Banner who knows

Not sure, Stark has had a huge role in the first Spider-Man movie and I still see him acting as a father figure to Peter moving forward.
A Black Widow solo movie is also in the works (Though that may be an origin movie?)

I do see Cap making his final appearance in Avengers 4 though.
I'm also really interested to see whether Gamora comes back to life.

Edit: That Peter Parker Disappearance scene, would have been way more impact full if a second solo movie wasn't already in the works.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I was thinking about this. We know Robert Downey Jr. is ready to retire so I could see Avengers 4 being his last film especially after his chat with Doctor Strange. It would be weird to see Ruffalo now out before his solo film debut, though I guess there’s already a canon Hulk film. And I can’t see either of the Chrises stepping away permanently - I’d expect they’d both do more lowkey roles and then reprise their characters every three or four years for at least a little while.

Around the Network
Ulternia said:
I was thinking about this. We know Robert Downey Jr. is ready to retire so I could see Avengers 4 being his last film especially after his chat with Doctor Strange. It would be weird to see Ruffalo now out before his solo film debut, though I guess there’s already a canon Hulk film. And I can’t see either of the Chrises stepping away permanently - I’d expect they’d both do more lowkey roles and then reprise their characters every three or four years for at least a little while.

As i understand it there will never be a Hulk-movie as long as Universal holds the distribution-rights for Hulk.

Mr.Playstation said:

Not sure, Stark has had a huge role in the first Spider-Man movie and I still see him acting as a father figure to Peter moving forward.
A Black Widow solo movie is also in the works (Though that may be an origin movie?)

I do see Cap making his final appearance in Avengers 4 though.
I'm also really interested to see whether Gamora comes back to life.

Edit: That Peter Parker Disappearance scene, would have been way more impact full if a second solo movie wasn't already in the works.

There isn't a second Black Panther movies in the works, but I don't think for one second Disney is going to let T'Challa stay dead after his movie made 1.3 billion this year.  I think the empathy here is of the moment and imagining how it felt for Peter not knowing he's going to come back being so terrified and desperate not to die.  That connects with me.

you think both m'baku AND okoye will die? i dont know about that. You think Shuri dies too?

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

There might be several deaths among the "survivors", but the one that makes the most sense is Iron Man. He had that vision in Avengers 2 where everyone else died, and Cap's dying breath was "You could have saved us". It's totally set up for Iron Man to sacrifice himself to save everyone else.