By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stardew Valley has sold ~1 million and Overcooked has sold 500k on Switch

I think you're mistaken. Third party games don't sell on Nintendo platforms.

Around the Network

Really glad for Overcooked, one of the best local coops this generation.

that's amazing. can this be real?

great!

Switch!!!

So is this one of the four third party games that did 1M+, or does Ninty count indies seperately? It is third party.
Anyways, it's an amazing result. Shovel Knight did 370k+ on Switch so far as well and will at least break the 500k.
So happy to see indies doing well on the system.

Although the eshop needs a curated section with daily/weekly highlights as well as a retro section.

SuperNova said:

So is this one of the four third party games that did 1M+, or does Ninty count indies seperately? It is third party.
Anyways, it's an amazing result. Shovel Knight did 370k+ on Switch so far as well and will at least break the 500k.

Although the eshop needs a curated section with daily/weekly highlights as well as a retro section.

We need an update for both the eShop and the OS. The ability to tag and rate games is really needed, and it's a shame they haven't brought it back, they did take it out for no reason.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

i loved stardew, i wasnt expecting much but really got into it. good to hear switch success for it.

SuperNova said:

Bomberman, Puyo puyo Tetris and Kingdom battle are the million sellers but not sure if Stardew is counted as the fourth or not.

Considering the type of game, very good sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zippy said:
SuperNova said:

Bomberman, Puyo puyo Tetris and Kingdom battle are the million sellers but not sure if Stardew is counted as the fourth or not.

I still haven't found a source confirming Puyo Puyo Tetris as a million seller. The most I've found is Sega saying it is "nearing" the million mark, which can range from 999.999 copies sold to around a quarter of a million.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

zippy said:
SuperNova said:

I thought Bomberman was excluded since it did 500k in march 2017 and Nintendo was only takling about million sellers within this fiscal year? So, since Bomberman did 500k in the fical year before that it's not included?

Everyone seems to be pretty sure about Mario+Rabbits and then its guesswork from there. XD

I've seen Fifa, Skyrim, Minecraft and Rocket League as possible options as well.