By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA: Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, 60% higher than Ni No Kuni 1

Nuvendil said:
Well that's nice. After a less than stellar performance in Japan, it seems the West will pick up the slack.

Yep. So overall great WW sales. Glad to see another Japanese game succeed. 

Around the Network

Really hope they add in a hard mode

That's awesome news!!

Thats good to hear!Its a very good game hold back by a bad decision(too easy) and lack of budget(not many cutscenes, and the ones that have are really brief)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It's a beautiful game, good to know it's being appreciated.

Around the Network

Excellent news!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ni No Kuni 2 felt very... "low budget", I guess you could say, compared to it's predecessor. Did anyone else get that feeling, and if not, did you play the original? I'm still playing through it, but the lack of dialogue and animated cutscenes made it feel that way to me. Studio Ghibli did a fantastic job with the original, and the game has an emotional opening which the second can't even compare to.

Fortunately they didn't slack in the music department, as they hired the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra once again for the sequel.

Edit: Calling it "low budget" isn't the right word, as that's clearly not the case. The Secret of Mana remake had the same sort of feeling to it; not exactly "low budget", but... something...

Hopefully Level-5 ends up going multi-platform with this title and seeing stronger returns. Neither of the first two (or three) entries were perfected and I’d like to see them continue the series. Switch would be a natural home for the title and XBox has nothing like it so it would fill a nice little niche.

celador said:
 hard to know how well the game needs to sell to make a profit and greenlight a third game but i hope it happens

thats right, hope the best too :)

Dr.Vita said:
This game seems really underappreciated, it is really a great game.
Vizigoth04 said:
I would play it in a heartbeat and hope those who have are enjoying it. I started the first one out a while back but my backlog just keeps piling up. Playing God of War now, then I need to finish A Way Out and then I really need to go back to Horizon Zero Dawn and just beat it. I stopped when I capped at level 50 and just need to make a return.

Thats the problem, too many new amazing PS4-Games currently. And "Detroit Become Human" is coming in 4 weeks, the next Masterpiece after the God of War.

V-r0cK said:
That's awesome news!!
Mar1217 said:
Sooo ... can we get official numbers of unit sold ?

Worldwide sales figures - In may, i think :)

Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:
Well that's nice. After a less than stellar performance in Japan, it seems the West will pick up the slack.

Yep. So overall great WW sales. Glad to see another Japanese game succeed. 

Japan <3 Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, in september Dragon Quest XI and in winter Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4. All games are / will be a success, i'm sure :)
My forecast for "Ni No Kuni 2" worldwide, lifetime: 2 million units or a little bit more. What is yours ? @ all