By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe already sold more than Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash

excellent game, deserves the great sales.

Around the Network

Deserved, MK8 is the best Mario Kart game yet.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Barkley said:

Mario Kart didn't really get that big until DS, so outselling SMK,64 and DD doesn't really mean much to me. Great that 8 is selling well because it's the best Mario Kart game yet and it was a shame it's sales were so limited by the WiiU originally.

Outselling them might not be that impressive, outselling them in less than a year certainly is.

It will have done ~10 million in 1 year with no signs of slowing and yet to be a pack in title, 20m is a lock.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I see MK8DX at 9.22m not 9.88m, then how it has already outsold MK64?
Oh zhuge ...

Last edited by tak13 - on 26 April 2018

I think after ARMS the Mario Kart team will go back to racing, which leaves me hopeful for either F-Zero or Diddy Kong Racing 2, for the latter I'd expect a big involvement of Retro in the project

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Talking about potential Mario Kart 9, with so great sales of MK8D Nintendo will not be in hurry to release MK9 on Switch, but would be great to see Diddy Kong Racing 2 in any case. :)

Obviously there is no reason for MK9 on NS, let Nintendo save it for the NS successor...

tak13 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Talking about potential Mario Kart 9, with so great sales of MK8D Nintendo will not be in hurry to release MK9 on Switch, but would be great to see Diddy Kong Racing 2 in any case. :)

Obviously there is no reason for MK9 on NS, let Nintendo save it for the NS successor...

Well that also depends from when NS successor could come on market.

Yeah I'd rather they focus on making another game than MK9 on Switch. No reason to have two Mario Karts when the user base clearly considers this THE Switch mario kart even though it is a port. Some sweet dlc would be cool like some new tracks and characters.

I'd rather see F-Zero than another Mario Kart.

A major leap for handheld users from MK7 ----> MK8Deluxe

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Miyamotoo said:
tak13 said:

Well that also depends from when NS successor could come on market.

Well, Nintendo shipped 80k copies of Mario kart Wii in the past quarter...