By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Switch news supposedly coming at 18 CET, 16 GMT

So Im guessing it will be either:
- A supposed direct before e3
- @e3

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

That should be "casually" drop, not casual drop. And Nintendo has casually dropped news before. I don't see why they couldn't do it again. 

Its up to Game Freak and the Pokemon Company first, I believe, and then Nintendo. Yes, they've done it before, I mean, did we expect them to casually announce (w/o any concept art or gameplay footage) that Pokemon will come to the Switch with an a new RPG main series game? But we'll just have to be patient for now. All these rumors about Pokemon Switch are kinda getting out of hand and fans are going back and forth in regards to rumors and fake leaks. I've seen it on social media and even Joe from Serebii.net is really irritated by the fans taking so many of these rumors and leaks as almost facts and possibilities.

I think the concept of something as monumental as a Pokemon on a home Nintendo console is just too big for most people to remain level headed about. In short, nothing that Sony or Microsoft puts on shelves will be able to compete sales or hype wise with it. It's going to be the game to end all games when it DOES drop and so, I can understand the fans losing their minds etc.

So this wasn't true

AlfredoTurkey said:
Kai_Mao said:

Its up to Game Freak and the Pokemon Company first, I believe, and then Nintendo. Yes, they've done it before, I mean, did we expect them to casually announce (w/o any concept art or gameplay footage) that Pokemon will come to the Switch with an a new RPG main series game? But we'll just have to be patient for now. All these rumors about Pokemon Switch are kinda getting out of hand and fans are going back and forth in regards to rumors and fake leaks. I've seen it on social media and even Joe from Serebii.net is really irritated by the fans taking so many of these rumors and leaks as almost facts and possibilities.

I think the concept of something as monumental as a Pokemon on a home Nintendo console is just too big for most people to remain level headed about. In short, nothing that Sony or Microsoft puts on shelves will be able to compete sales or hype wise with it. It's going to be the game to end all games when it DOES drop and so, I can understand the fans losing their minds etc.

I can understand that. Its freakin' a mainline Pokemon game on a home console for the first time in franchise history (or hybrid if you wanna be technical). It's in HD and fans are clearly expecting the world for this game, whether it be showing new Pokemon to add onto the 800+ species, new lands, old regions, new mechanics, new challenges, etc. Still, its a bit crazy.

Expect nothing before E3 and you will still wind up disappointed but you wouldn't lose your bleep hyping a live stream.

Around the Network

So... about that.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

So, Pokemon didn't move new announcements.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cloudman said:
Well, so much for that. Though I don't think Game Freak and Nintendo would just casual drop Pokemon news, unless it was very minor news.

That should be "casually" drop, not casual drop. And Nintendo has casually dropped news before. I don't see why they couldn't do it again. 

Haha, my bad on the typo Also, I did note that minor news could drop from them. I don't expect something like Pokemon Switch news to casually drop.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

How do rumours like this even happen? Does one guy just talk out of his ass and it gets passed on?

Ka-pi96 said:
Jranation said:
So Im guessing it will be either:
- A supposed direct before e3
- @e3

You forgot the 3rd option

No :p 

Pocky Lover Boy!