By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Democratic Party files lawsuit against Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks

the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

"A democracy means that at least part of the power is in the civilian's hands, in contrast to a dictatorship where the leader/s of the country has all the powers for him/her/themselves."

dictatorships have routinely been born out of democracies... can you guess why?

"It is also a democracy by definition of it's word."

its actually not... its the representatives that make the decisions not the majority of people

"A republic just means that it's not reigned by a monarch in a monarchy."

so according to you there is no difference between a democracy and a republic?

because i could also make the argument that a democracy is not ruled by a monarch either

why are you playing this semantic game?

"A democracy means that at least part of the power is in the civilian's hands"

no, a democracy is a form of government where the general public make the decisions by majority vote

which means that if america was a democracy the citizens could choose to vote away their rights such as those of gun ownershipp

however, the constitution and having representatives make decisions influenced by that constitution prevents this from happening 

it was done as i said previously to prevent the citizens of the country from voting away essential rights in the event that they for whatever reason whether it be manipulation or stupidity choose to do so

but don't worry those in power are working very hard to have this all pulled back so there will be a democracy and they are putting the intellectual framework in place to have rights voted away when that happens and then if you are alive you'll get to see what true democracy is really about

I see you missed my post.  

There are different kinds of democracies.  The US has a representative democracy where we vote on people to vote for us.  Even the people that wrote the constitution called it that.  

um... can you identify what i was criticising for me?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

um... can you identify what i was criticising for me?

Can you identify what I was criticizing.

its actually not... its the representatives that make the decisions not the majority of people

This is not true.  The US is a representative democracy.  
This is also not true.  The two things aren't opposing ideas.  Any more than Capitalism and Democracy. 

"This is not true.  The US is a representative democracy. "

lol ok what is the purpose of the representatives?

"The two things aren't opposing ideas."

which i didn't say, but clearly there is a difference between a constitutional republic and a democracy

When reading the reporting on this lawsuit I couldn't help to think any Judge who happens to get this will be either beyond angry at the waste of the courts time about too busy laughing at such a pathetic attempt to utilize the court system for a PR stunt.

Does this imply that the only "correct" outcome in the democratic election was that Hillary won?

Cuz' thats the only thing I'm getting out of this.

"If people don't use their votes like we want them to, then its a threat to democracy"

If the only issue is that Russia pushed propaganda, then.. Well, everyone does that. Always.

And if they actually won, what would that mean? Would Trump be replaced by Hillary because he somehow won unfairly or whatever? Its all so dumb. Super dumb.

o_O.Q said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I just told you it has democratic ideals and techniques. It doesn't specifically say it, but I can explain how it works. again..

the point i'm making is that you're wrong... that's why there is, for example, an electoral college

okay grab a chair, I'm about to hit you with some knowledge.

[PDF] Democracy in the United States - Homepage | USCIS

https://search.uscis.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate=uscis_gov&query=handouts

"The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government. Voting is one way to participate in our democracy. Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law. Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy."

The American Heritage Dictionary

https://ahdictionary.com/

Republic: "A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them" - we are that. A common definition of "democracy" is, "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives" - we are that, too.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 22 April 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

"A democracy means that at least part of the power is in the civilian's hands, in contrast to a dictatorship where the leader/s of the country has all the powers for him/her/themselves."

dictatorships have routinely been born out of democracies... can you guess why?

"A republic just means that it's not reigned by a monarch in a monarchy."

because i could also make the argument that a democracy is not ruled by a monarch either

why are you playing this semantic game?

"A democracy means that at least part of the power is in the civilian's hands"

no, a democracy is a form of government where the general public make the decisions by majority vote

which means that if america was a democracy the citizens could choose to vote away their rights such as those of gun ownershipp

however, the constitution and having representatives make decisions influenced by that constitution prevents this from happening 

it was done as i said previously to prevent the citizens of the country from voting away essential rights in the event that they for whatever reason whether it be manipulation or stupidity choose to do so

but don't worry those in power are working very hard to have this all pulled back so there will be a democracy and they are putting the intellectual framework in place to have rights voted away when that happens and then if you are alive you'll get to see what true democracy is really about

I see you missed my post.  

There are different kinds of democracies.  The US has a representative democracy where we vote on people to vote for us.  Even the people that wrote the constitution called it that.  

This is retarded. The US is a federal republic which is a type of representative democracy. 

they already filed this suit.

A couple of their guys get indicted on criminal activities and they refile it...

pathetic.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm still dumbfounded by how delusional the DNC has become. I'm glad I jumped ship after they rigged the primary against Bernie. That was the last straw for me. The Republicans may be evil but unlike the Dems they at least have one foot in reality.

trump is not a republican. He is a liberal, a classic liberal.

He was for gay marriage before it was cool (I have seen him in an interview say this as early as 2000 whereas Obama evolved to the position circa 2011)

He is not for small government.

He is for efficient government (which we are not). 

The reason he has no establishment support is because he is not one of them. The media ignored minor to major Obama scandals from 2008 to 2016. Now with trump they are literally creating scandals. 

Nothing Trump has done has lead me to believe he not doing what he thinks is in the countries best interest. You may disagree with his method, but his intention seems clear. 

He has lost a ton of personal wealth since coming into office. Which is the exact opposite of just about any other politician. He is making decisions that hurt him personally at this point. I have no choice but to believe he really is trying to best by the USA. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

ironmanDX said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41850798

I see, that's what I thought he meant.

tokilamockingbrd said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm still dumbfounded by how delusional the DNC has become. I'm glad I jumped ship after they rigged the primary against Bernie. That was the last straw for me. The Republicans may be evil but unlike the Dems they at least have one foot in reality.

trump is not a republican. He is a liberal, a classic liberal.

He was for gay marriage before it was cool (I have seen him in an interview say this as early as 2000 whereas Obama evolved to the position circa 2011)

He is not for small government.

He is for efficient government (which we are not). 

The reason he has no establishment support is because he is not one of them. The media ignored minor to major Obama scandals from 2008 to 2016. Now with trump they are literally creating scandals. 

Nothing Trump has done has lead me to believe he not doing what he thinks is in the countries best interest. You may disagree with his method, but his intention seems clear. 

He has lost a ton of personal wealth since coming into office. Which is the exact opposite of just about any other politician. He is making decisions that hurt him personally at this point. I have no choice but to believe he really is trying to best by the USA. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm referring more to establishment republicans/neocons when I say "repubs are evil." I definitely have some overlap with Trump in that like him, I hate the political establishment, hate the mainstream media, political correctness, also opposed to NAFTA and TPP, pro American manufacturing, etc. But that's basically where the similarities end. Tough for me to get past his buffoonery and semi-authoritarian practices and ideals as someone who would considers myself libertarian liberal (see Noam Chomsky). But if it's between Trump and Hillary, I'd take Trump in a heartbeat, which is unfortunately what the DNC forced me to do by shutting out Bernie. While I don't 100% agree with Bernie's policies and ideals he was the closest candidate I supported who had a realistic chance of winning before being colluded against.

I don't know how much what Trump's doing is for the betterment of the US rather than his own ego and brand, though you can't argue with the results with some of the stuff I'm hearing regarding unemployment, GDP, etc..

That's the funny irony of this whole thing too - the DNC whining about "collusion" when if anything, THEY were the ones colluding in the 2016 election; against Bernie..

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 23 April 2018

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden