By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are there so many XBox 360 haters on gaming forums?

This is a serious question and well I just want to know why some people feel the need to bash the 360. The 360 brings many people joy its a great HD console, great online, has a huge collection of games, well designed controller with rumble, the console sales are still going well, software numbers are doing extremely well.

Despite all the good points of the 360 I have noticed that there are a lot of negative threads on gaming forums all over the internet not just VGChartz where it has been regulated well by the fine moderators. Sure the 360 does has its issues but there is no need to constantly bash it up.

So does anyone share the same feeling that the 360 is taking a lot of bad press both on the net and in general?

BTW This has been created in response to the other thread on the main page 'why so many PS3 haters?'.

Around the Network

I do not say anything negative about things I dislike. However, if I did bash any system it would be the 360. The reason? Microsoft. If you do not get why, then do some research on the subject.

Because, people that own nintendo's and ps3's don't have our game selection and have to spend more time on here.

EDIT: i posted in your other thread.

You should make a thread called: why so many nintendo haters?  People will be like, WTF?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

The PS3 had to endure much worse last year, so I guess it's the 360's turn. Microsoft are big boys, they can take it.

real easy answer .... because when it was looking like the ps3 was doomed and when people would still say the nintendo wii is a fad alot of 360 fans thought that it would trounce the competition because of its 1 year head start...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:

Because, people that own nintendo's and ps3's don't have our game selection and have to spend more time on here.

You should make a thread called: why so many nintendo haters? People will be like, WTF?

so your one of those haters too?

Personally I dislike 360 owners because they are the only gamers to insult me irl for having a PS3. Was the most retarded thing I've ever had to endure, and has tainted my image of all 360 owners. It has gotten better since I know some guys with 360's that are perfectly fine, but those are the only guys I've ever known to make fun of someone for their purchase irl, without even knowing the person.

rephrase: I don't automatically dislike 360 owners, but I have a greater predisposition to dislike them than any other console owner.

11ht11 said:
Strategyking92 said:

You should make a thread called: why so many nintendo haters? People will be like, WTF?

so your one of those haters too?

yes, only because I have a wii and know how crappy it really is.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Every console has and always has had haters. GC, 64, PS, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii all have people who will hate on them.

Asking why is useless. It's just human nature.

This is a really good question.