Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: DICE prototyping a Battle Royale mode for Battlefield V

Via VentureBeat: https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/18/dice-battlefield-v-battle-royale/

EA’s DICE studio is testing a battle royale mode for Battlefield V that features similar gameplay to megahits like Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, according to someone with knowledge of the studio who asked to remain anonymous. In those last player-standing shooters, 100 players drop onto a map and fight until only one person or team is left standing, and that game type has taken over the industry.

DICE is preparing Battlefield V, which I reported on in March, for launch later this year, but that isn’t stopping the studio from putting together a prototype that could compete with PUBG and Fortnite.

So the battle royale gold rush is on, and DICE is investigating how a massive, last player-standing mode would work with its current mechanics. But don’t expect to drop onto an island with 99 other players when Battlefield V launches this fall. The studio has not yet approved its battle royale for release, and it is still in the prototype phase. If DICE does decide that it’s happy with what it has, it won’t have it ready in time for the initial release.




Around the Network

So, when are we going to get an official Battle Royale video game? They might as well cash in on it while they can!



I am surprised at how fast everyone is jumping into the new fad. Hero-based shooters seem so far now XD.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"Everything was battle royale"

lmfao!

Now we're just waiting on Nintendo at this point.



Ljink96 said:
"Everything was battle royale"

lmfao!

Now we're just waiting on Nintendo at this point.

Oh god .... 

No ....



Zelda fans are the worst 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
"Everything was battle royale"

lmfao!

Now we're just waiting on Nintendo at this point.

Unironically Splatoon Battle Royale might just be one of the few deserving twists to the formula.

 

It's been like 4 years since I last saw Dolan



VGPolyglot said:
So, when are we going to get an official Battle Royale video game? They might as well cash in on it while they can!

You mean based on the manga/film? That would be awesome!

With all the school shootings that go on these days though a game where a bunch of school kids are forced to kill each other would unfortunately never happen



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:
So, when are we going to get an official Battle Royale video game? They might as well cash in on it while they can!

You mean based on the manga/film? That would be awesome!

With all the school shootings that go on these days though a game where a bunch of school kids are forced to kill each other would unfortunately never happen

Yeah, isn't that what these are named after?



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ljink96 said:
"Everything was battle royale"

lmfao!

Now we're just waiting on Nintendo at this point.

Oh god .... 

No ....

oh no!!






So we go from Open-World to Hero-based shooter and now with Battle Royale shooters.

So we should expect something else in 2020 now, I guess.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909