By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When we will see next Nintendo Direct?

Next Nintendo Direct will be:

in April 9 17.31%

in May 12 23.08%

on E3 31 59.62%

Total:52

In 2017 we knew lot of games announced for the second half of the year before E3. In 2018 we have only Smash Bros., Yoshi and The World Ends with You. I think is high chance for Direct (or Direct mini) before E3 (E3 starts on June 12).

Around the Network

E3.
After the DS delay, I think Nintendo wants to first cool down the fans.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Either way, we basically know 2018 is going to have a killer second half for Nintendo.

Pok87 said:

In 2017 we knew lot of games announced for the second half of the year before E3. In 2018 we have only Smash Bros., Yoshi and The World Ends with You. I think is high chance for Direct (or Direct mini) before E3 (E3 starts on June 12).

2017. was year of release of console so they needed to show more games in January Switch presentation not just games that will be out next few months. Also dont forget that last E3 also we had games announcements at E3 that were released few months later, even after E3 we had September Direct where for instance Doom was announced and released only 2 months later.

Since 2013 we've not had another standard general direct before E3 after getting one in March/April. I expect that to continue so what we'll get is a game specific direct like we usually do (likey for Mario Tennis) and/or a Micro/Mini.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Either way, we basically know 2018 is going to have a killer second half for Nintendo.

Do we? What is expected besides Smash Bros and old ports?

jardesonbarbosa said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Do we? What is expected besides Smash Bros and old ports?

Fire Emblem. 

And either Animal Crossing or Pokemon. Probably the former.

That is a pretty good lineup.

it feels like they would be getting a bit too close to E3 if they did one now. we have 2 months to wait, which isnt even that long considering we got a Direct only a month ago and people are still riding off of the Smash Bros hype

Chance of a Direct, by date

April 17: 0%
April 18: 5%
April 19: 20%
April 20: 5%
April 21: 0%
April 22: 0%
April 23: 5%
April 24: 10%
April 25: 10%
April 26: 0%
April 27: 5%
April 28: 0%
April 29: 0%
April 30: 5%
May 1: 30%
May 2: 30%
May 3: 0%
May 4: 0%
May 5: 0%
May 6: 0%
May 7: 5%
May 8: 30%
May 9: 20%
May 10: 40%
May 11: 5%
May 12: 0%
May 13: 0%

Not looking good this month. May is better.

Pok87 said:

In 2017 we knew lot of games announced for the second half of the year before E3. In 2018 we have Smash Bros.

There you go.