By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - James Comey interview

Faust said:
fatslob-:O said:

The link you posted just shows how much you know, absolutely nothing ...

Russian Interference Investigation =/= Trump Investigation 

Comey didn't say during his briefing (which was held EARLIER than his testimony and it means you have presented outdated information) that he was specifically investigating Trump ... 

Just come clear out in the open with your true colours that YOU KNOW FUCK ALL about this case ... 

"And that includes, Investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and wether there was any coordination blablabla"

Yeap, because is common knowledge that Trump wasnt part of the Trump campaign am i right?

Comey admitted he told Trump he wasn't being investigated, which is why Trump was pissed about Comey not making it clear to the press that Trump was in the clear. Since Comey clearly has no problem leaking things to the press, and taking interviews, why not make it known that Trump wasn't being investigated?

Comey's explanation is that he couldn't be 100% sure that Trump wouldn't eventually have to be investigated, and so he decided to simply keep quiet. Well guess what Jim, anyone at anytime could possibly and potentially end up part of some investigation, so I guess you can't ever say or leak anything to the press in case you were eventually proven wrong.

Around the Network

^^^

And with that out of the way Faust, you can hardly boast that you are educated about the topic at hand since you've shown a clear lack of understanding about Trump's dismissal of Comey ...

It would be recommended that you refrain from discussion about this matter unless you want to go further in the rabbit hole ...

EricHiggin said:
Faust said:

"And that includes, Investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and wether there was any coordination blablabla"

Yeap, because is common knowledge that Trump wasnt part of the Trump campaign am i right?

Comey admitted he told Trump he wasn't being investigated, which is why Trump was pissed about Comey not making it clear to the press that Trump was in the clear. Since Comey clearly has no problem leaking things to the press, and taking interviews, why not make it known that Trump wasn't being investigated?

Comey's explanation is that he couldn't be 100% sure that Trump wouldn't eventually have to be investigated, and so he decided to simply keep quiet. Well guess what Jim, anyone at anytime could possibly and potentially end up part of some investigation, so I guess you can't ever say or leak anything to the press in case you were eventually proven wrong.

Are you saying that making the investigation public was somehow nullified because Trump (the suspect) was told otherwise on private? wow, thats amazing man, i mean, it doesnt bother you? the president actually asked if he was being investigated :S

Nem said:

This is why the internet holds no value for discussion. Anyone can say any outrageous thing without even bothering to justify it.

Comey is no mess. His story has been and remained consistant since the beggining and theres witnesses, memos and possibly telephone calls taped to prove it.

The mess is Trump. He contradicts himself, lies and misleads people on a daily basis on his twitter feed alone.

So then where is all of it much less what is his "claimed" crime that Trump has committed ? If he even had so much as a damning inkling of evidence then Trump's presidency would be over in an instant but instead Comey has been all bark and no bite so far thus he is a mess just like most of Trump's detractors ... (that Tony Schwartz guy which was a ghost writer for his autobiography is wrong on so many levels is just another example) 

I understand you don't give a damn about reality, but in case you missed it, Trump IS being investigated. So, obviously the proof won't be made public until it ends.

But quite honestly, you have seen a witness confirm the story already and you don't care. Jeff sessions confirmed the events at the oval office. The calls to the FBI are most probably taped, but Trump himself admited to it on TV and you still like to pretend nothing happened.

Make believe all you want. Retreat to your web of lies. But, you are wrong. That is all. 

EricHiggin said:
JRPGfan said:

Would you prefer he came out and just said "yes im 100% sure he obstructed justice" ?
Instead of saying "I think he coulda have, lets see what the investigation has to say about it".

1* I'd prefer he either give a solid yes, no, or no comment. He's not what you would call an everyday joe, based on his past position, and he's not a celebrity spewing whatever pops into their heads to keep the spotlight on themselves. He could be doing it to keep himself in the spotlight for whatever reason, like for his book, or whatever his "higher loyalty" is exactly...

He's also talking about the President. *2 Now if Trump did do something wrong, then just shut up and let Mueller take care of it, because if your so sure that Trumps guilty, justice will be served. The media should only get solid evidence and minor details, but the people investigating Trump need the full scoop. If your not sure if he's guilty, then put a sock in it, because if he's innocent, *3 you've just helped hold back progress due to all the nonsense the President has been dealing with since he took office. It would also make you look like you were potentially unfit for your prior position, which one would have to wonder why you were given that position in the first place, and how qualified really was that individual who hired you?

I'm sure lot's of Comey's past co-workers could constantly spill the beans about all of his faults and make him out to be a horrible person, and make his career hell going forward, when maybe he's not really that bad, and simply isn't perfect like the rest of us, which he alludes to in the interview. The reason they wouldn't do this, aside from the possibility that he was great at his job, is because if it needed to be taken care of, it would have been, behind closed doors, with the media only getting minor details here and there. Taking care of things like sophisticated adults do, like the type of people you would hire to protect a country and it's citizens.

1) His.... "maybe/coulda" "lets wait what the investigation finds" is probably a solid Yes, even if it doesnt sound that way.
You dont go to the lengths he has, unless you where basically sure something rotten was going on.

2) Thats basically why hes going "maybe + lets see what investigation finds", hes just waiting for muller to take care of it.

3) common trump has a million differnt scandals going on, dought it makes all that much differnce, and again I dont think anyone would go to these lengths without them believeing there being just cause for it (ei. Comey's is 100% sure Trump is guilty, he's just to scared to come out and say it).

Around the Network
Nem said:

I understand you don't give a damn about reality, but in case you missed it, Trump IS being investigated. So, obviously the proof won't be made public until it ends.

But quite honestly, you have seen a witness confirm the story already and you don't care. Jeff sessions confirmed the events at the oval office. The calls to the FBI are most probably taped, but Trump himself admited to it on TV and you still like to pretend nothing happened.

Make believe all you want. Retreat to your web of lies. But, you are wrong. That is all. 

How very ironic ... 

Do you actually give shit about US politics or are you just "fucking around" so to speak ? You haven't done any research, did you or is this some joke to you ? 

^^^

And with that out of the way Faust, you can hardly boast that you are educated about the topic at hand since you've shown a clear lack of understanding about Trump's dismissal of Comey ...

It would be recommended that you refrain from discussion about this matter unless you want to go further in the rabbit hole ...

You dont get the point. We have clear evidence of obstruction of justice and you dont care. That was the core of the discussion

Faust said:

You dont get the point. We have clear evidence of obstruction of justice and you dont care. That was the core of the discussion

When you say "clear" then why isn't Robert Mueller filing charges against Trump ? If it was that obvious during Comey's testimony then Trump's family would've been interviewed by now to gather documents for prosecution ... 

Comey's statement is not proof of intention ... 

Actually, just to put an end to a crap shoot thread such as this here's a clearer transcript ... 

Trump telling him that he "hopes" for Comey to drop the case doesn't exactly translate to "you must" ... (biggest revelation about this supposed obstruction of justice thing) 

Faust said:

When you say "clear" then why isn't Robert Mueller filing charges against Trump ? If it was that obvious during Comey's testimony then Trump's family would've been interviewed by now to gather documents for prosecution ... 

Comey's statement is not proof of intention ... 

im glad u asked. Im not Mueller so i cant say for sure, but my guess is that he wants to prosecute him for something bigger, and im glad he is not focused solely on the Russia thing and he is actually looking at his financial ties around the world, cuz I happen to believe the Russia scandal has blown out of proportion and the real meat is somewhere else (money or lack of).

And honestly, i could have gone further with other instances of criminal behavior but i didn't want to expand on other issues to make things easier, but im finding oddly entertainment reading some excuses, so im gonna make a list of a few issues that  i can think of out of my mind right now to find out if you actually care about any issue regarding this Guy.

Mar a Lago.- leave aside the fact that he promised not to golf while being president (thats irrelevant), this guy is actually making money by golfing on his own                        properties. So yeah, he is using his office to make a profit which is illegal in case you didnt know.

Family business.- He appointed her Daughter and son in law to work for him in the white house. Also Illegal

Drone Strikes.- Obama did it... still Illegal.

Trump "university".- Even if you are the president fraud is Illegal 

More obstruction of Justice.- When Mueller asked for the documents of the guy who was investigating Price's corruption before he was fired by Trump, man       im not gonna lie, that made me extremely happy.

Now, spin it as hard as you can to see if you get the grand prize