By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo files new, interesting patent

What is it?

New dedicated handheld 3 13.64%

New way to utilize multiple Switches 10 45.45%

Nothing. It's just a patent. 9 40.91%

Total:22

And to answer the polls question...if my intuition is correct...you're looking at more than just a blueprint/patent...you're looking at the future of gaming.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network
SuperRetroTurbo said:
And to answer the polls question...if my intuition is correct...you're looking at more than just a blueprint/patent...you're looking at the future of gaming.

So you're saying this could be more than just linking Switches together? Possibly a new piece of hardware? 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

So you're saying this could be more than just linking Switches together? Possibly a new piece of hardware? 

Yes.

I read the article and theories of what you stated and if thats the case then...I'm going to look stupid. Lol.

But if it's what I think it is...you're looking at what I would call encapsulating interactive device that could theoretically be an alternate or fully replace vr. 

I think there's more to these patents. Mine had a projector.

We're talking MR without a headset...basically.  

Last edited by SuperRetroTurbo - on 15 April 2018

If you look at the image of a character it shows that it's not flat on the screen...I think there's a sign of AR/MR.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yes.

I read the article and theories of what you stated and if thats the case then...I'm going to look stupid. Lol.

But if it's what I think it is...you're looking at what I would call encapsulating interactive device that could theoretically be an alternate or fully replace vr. 

I think there's more to these pattens. Mine had a projector.

Sounds awesome! That would be revolutionary

Around the Network
SuperRetroTurbo said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yes.

Can that really be executed viably with current available? It does sound like something Nintendo would go for though.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Yes.

I think there's more to these pattens. Mine had a projector.

Sounds awesome! That would be revolutionary

It absolutely would be.

Wyrdness said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Yes.

Can that really be executed viably with current available? It does sound like something Nintendo would go for though.

And usually Nintendo tries to make their hardware affordable, it'll be interesting to see what price point something like this would have. 

Wyrdness said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Yes.

Unfortunately no I don't think it can but then again I could be wrong and this has something to do with the Switch. 

The timing is what makes me believe my theory. It was patented last year. Nintendo has always taken multiplayer as a top priority. It would just seem so unlikely that they had this idea for that long(longer considering someone thought of it in depth well before it was patented) and never implemented it with the Switch.

My gut tells me this is something much different.

Looks cool.
Of they implement it, I wonder what kind of software we'll see.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile