By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Is Kevin Durant just a beta male/dog?

Is Kevin Durant a beta male/dog?

Yes 1 16.67%

No 5 83.33%

Total:6

Can Kevin Durant lead an NBA team to the final without Curry or Westbrook?

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

i’m not sure if he’s beta, but he’s no lebron that’s for sure.

Rather odd to ask whether he could do it without Westbrook. We haven't seen Westbrook out of the first round without Durant, and even now with the Thunder adding Paul George and Melo there's still a good chance they lose in the first round. Hell, they were pretty close to missing the playoffs entirely.

As to whether Durant could lead a team to the Finals without Curry, probably. I don't think he could do it with this Warriors team though. They're pretty much built around Curry. Without him as the primary ball handler, they lack the ball movement, dribble penetration, and spacing that make the Warriors who they are.

Angelus said:
Rather odd to ask whether he could do it without Westbrook. We haven't seen Westbrook out of the first round without Durant, and even now with the Thunder adding Paul George and Melo there's still a good chance they lose in the first round. Hell, they were pretty close to missing the playoffs entirely.

As to whether Durant could lead a team to the Finals without Curry, probably. I don't think he could do it with this Warriors team though. They're pretty much built around Curry. Without him as the primary ball handler, they lack the ball movement, dribble penetration, and spacing that make the Warriors who they are.

well said. on a semi-related note, i think the thunder / jazz matchup is going to be damn entertaining. 

I am surprised that people assume that someone being really good in their profession that they should automatically be a good leader too.

Around the Network

I am struggling with making sense of this post.

The hell does that even mean?

What happened to Curry and Westbrook?

He's a coward who won his ring with his rat's tail between his snake legs.

Durant has the right to win a championship and fulfil his childhood dream of becoming an NBA Champion. Lebron James was criticised for leaving the Cavs to win championships with the Heat and he was celebrated as hero when he returned to the Cavs. Durant will be celebrated as a hero again when he returns to the Thunder and takes over from Lebron as the best player in the NBA.