By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

HyrulianScrolls said:

Dammit, this might have actually had a shot at 96 without Edge. At least its gotten enough perfects lately that it will stay at 95 with the Edge review.

And holy freaking shit, up to #3 all time on Meta user (actually #2 since Bloodborne's DLC is #1 but that's just an expansion). Who knew a modern game could unite the internet like this and somehow manage to be troll proof?

We have to wait to see if the score won't be affected by trolls. Games like this usually get like 8k user reviews minimum.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Needs 7 more perfects to beat TLoU's record among non-Nintendo games. Will be hard, but could still happen since it might get another 15 reviews or so. Horizon got up to 115 total.

I think the Edge one is still not in there yet. Which might make it harder, but it isn't that bad if doesn't because TLoU was an amazing game and even to be in the same company is an accomplishment. 

GOW is better than TLOU in every way. Story, combat, content, graphics, voice acting, script, level design its just miles ahead of anything Naughty Dog has ever produced and even better than God of War 3, which really surprised me. I wasn't expecting such depth from this game's combat despite being a fan of the series, as the footage they showed was all early game. To be fair though God of War 3 still has better combat but God of War does everything else better. I'm 20 hours in and this could be my GOAT.

GOWTLOZ said:
Acevil said:

I think the Edge one is still not in there yet. Which might make it harder, but it isn't that bad if doesn't because TLoU was an amazing game and even to be in the same company is an accomplishment. 

GOW is better than TLOU in every way. Story, combat, content, graphics, voice acting, script, level design its just miles ahead of anything Naughty Dog has ever produced and even better than God of War 3, which really surprised me. I wasn't expecting such depth from this game's combat despite being a fan of the series, as the footage they showed was all early game. To be fair though God of War 3 still has better combat but God of War does everything else better. I'm 20 hours in and this could be my GOAT.

Gow looks better then horizon and uncharted 4 yes,but miles ahead? Noo sorry.

Game is incredible thou!

Where can you see how many hours you have played?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Gow looks better then horizon and uncharted 4 yes,but miles ahead? Noo sorry.

Game is incredible thou!

Where can you see how many hours you have played?

I said its miles ahead of any Naughty Dog game in terms of the overall quality of the game.

I don't know, I schedule my playtime so I know what time I spent on God of War in the last 2 days. The gameplay is addictive like fuck, I haven't been this hooked to a game in a long time.

It just got another 100, yet it’s place on the all-time list went down. I think another score has been factored in but not added yet, just like before. To bring it down 3 or 4 places, must’ve been an 80 or an 85. Maybe Edge’s review? Or can that only be added on the 26th?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Wow, #7 all time for user score on Meta.

Trolls managed to take down a lot of great user scores that MC had.

LoD had a 9.4 user score up until late 2016

how many votes did you put to make this 9.4?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Another 95 review. 101 total reviews now. Shouldn’t be more than 10-15 reviews remaining, if Horizon is anything to go by.

GOWTLOZ said:
Acevil said:

From what I've played so far, GoW does everything I've always wished Naughty Dog could do but have fallen short of: married a truly deep gameplay experience and amazing game design with excellent cinematic presentation of plot and characters. ND has fallen a bit flat on the former with all the Uncharted games and TLoU, imo. But GoW nails both. Definitely a new precedent for the industry. 

pitzy272 said:
It just got another 100, yet it’s place on the all-time list went down. I think another score has been factored in but not added yet, just like before. To bring it down 3 or 4 places, must’ve been an 80 or an 85. Maybe Edge’s review? Or can that only be added on the 26th?
pitzy272 said:
Another 95 review. 101 total reviews now. Shouldn’t be more than 10-15 reviews remaining, if Horizon is anything to go by.

Is it possible that the 95 pushed it down? sounds kinda dumb i know, but i dont see why it dropped.

HyrulianScrolls said:
GOWTLOZ said:

From what I've played so far, GoW does everything I've always wished Naughty Dog could do but have fallen short of: married a truly deep gameplay experience and amazing game design with excellent cinematic presentation of plot and characters. ND has fallen a bit flat on the former with all the Uncharted games and TLoU, imo. But GoW nails both. Definitely a new precedent for the industry. 

This^