By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Ok. That game looks insanely good on the Pro.

Gameplay is pretty straight forward so far, but it is addictive. I just want to keep going, and going, and going...

Around the Network
Faelco said:
GribbleGrunger said:
From Cory:

You have to love Cory even more for using this reference! It even matches perfectly with Kratos.

For the loop version of the specific scene if you want to enjoy the GIF with the appropriate music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudDIgXkPLY

Gawd damn thats epic :D
I loved Ron Swanson in the show, dude was a epic character.
Also April.... April & Ron where the reasons to watch that show.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 20 April 2018

John2290 said:
Annoyed ant ahead, you've been warned. I'm starting to feel a bit cheated with this, Camera is so close and claustrophobic it's ridiculous. Kratos can't close distance on or keep certain targets in sight even with lock on, the boss I'm on right now is never on screen and it's all due to the camera, all resulting in unfair death and damage. The UI is not omtimized for 1080p, it's tinier than the pages of a novel, and you can see littered all across this title that the OG PS4 was not their main focus, unlike HZD. It seems to be putting scary amounts of pressure on my system also. Kraros badly needs a cancel animation button and the ability to zoom camera out more. All my gripes with the game are a few drips in a sea of epicness, and I do have a lot of small gripes) however I can't forgive the camera, fov and the inability to close gaps without buying certain abilities or relying on sprint mid boss battle (At least where I am at in the game), Atreus and the axe is no excuse for this, in mobs yes, in boss battle hell no, it's clunky as all fuck. I really hope I can get past this becuase the game underneath those three glaring issues is fucking amaze balls, even if the bosses have been pretty bad so far. Stutter and lag also...in a GoW game? What were they thinking, 30 fps is barely cutting it for this genre, why would you prioritize graphics over FPS. I hope to god they patch in a performance mode for OG ps4 users.

I've logged 8 hours of gameplay and never once had an issue with the camera. 

I'm playing on pro in 1080p

Quick question about the PS4 Pro (It's relevant to this thread, promise)

I don't have a 4K TV, does the PS4 Pro still improve performance on a usual HDTV 1080p 60hrz? Like, if I don't own a 4K TV, are there benefits to getting a PS4 pro?

I ask because I read that God of War makes the Ps4 hum like an engine, and I have an OG Launch PS4 and want to make sure it doesn't explode. Would make me super sad to have it explode.

Around the Network
Alara317 said:
Quick question about the PS4 Pro (It's relevant to this thread, promise)

I don't have a 4K TV, does the PS4 Pro still improve performance on a usual HDTV 1080p 60hrz? Like, if I don't own a 4K TV, are there benefits to getting a PS4 pro?

I ask because I read that God of War makes the Ps4 hum like an engine, and I have an OG Launch PS4 and want to make sure it doesn't explode. Would make me super sad to have it explode.

Pro gives you better frame and anti-aliasing for several PS4 games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I started on ps4 Pro graphics mode but switched to performance mode. It probably looks a bit better in resolution mode when you are enjoying vistas but when you are in motion performance mode is far superior. Huge difference for me and the game still looks epic.

John2290 said:
Annoyed ant ahead, you've been warned. I'm starting to feel a bit cheated with this, Camera is so close and claustrophobic it's ridiculous. Kratos can't close distance on or keep certain targets in sight even with lock on, the boss I'm on right now is never on screen and it's all due to the camera, all resulting in unfair death and damage. The UI is not omtimized for 1080p, it's tinier than the pages of a novel, and you can see littered all across this title that the OG PS4 was not their main focus, unlike HZD. It seems to be putting scary amounts of pressure on my system also. Kraros badly needs a cancel animation button and the ability to zoom camera out more. All my gripes with the game are a few drips in a sea of epicness, and I do have a lot of small gripes) however I can't forgive the camera, fov and the inability to close gaps without buying certain abilities or relying on sprint mid boss battle (At least where I am at in the game), Atreus and the axe is no excuse for this, in mobs yes, in boss battle hell no, it's clunky as all fuck. I really hope I can get past this becuase the game underneath those three glaring issues is fucking amaze balls, even if the bosses have been pretty bad so far. Stutter and lag also...in a GoW game? What were they thinking, 30 fps is barely cutting it for this genre, why would you prioritize graphics over FPS. I hope to god they patch in a performance mode for OG ps4 users.

Weren't you the guy who said you'd know it would be amazing because it had a higher metacritic than TW3? And also another ridiculous thing?

See ... Metacritic really should not matter.

I played a bunch last night and really enjoyed it. Can really feel the weight behind Kratos' attacks, and when you get used to both using Atreus and your ranged capabilities the combat starts to flow quite well.

Probably gonna pick up a PS4 Pro for this, if I get around to a second playthrough. Must look phenomenal.

look at what I picked up today.

Oh man the first boss in God of War was epic. WOW...sssoo good.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5