By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Alara317 said:
I confess I was only marginally excited for this until I started hearing more about its world-building and exploration elements (and how the devs were inspired by Fromsoft's work on Dark Souls and Bloodborne, two of my favourite games). Then the reviews started flowing and here I am as excited as any of you.

Same for me, i wasnt very excited for it despite the fact that it has a lot of stuff that i like, (Norse mythology, Action RPG for example) and then when the previews came in and i started hearing about it taking inspiration form Bloodborne i got more interested, but i still wasnt fully hyped until i saw the reviews and any doubt i had went away.

Alara317 said:

I may have nostalgia goggles for the SNES era, but I truly do feel that, overall, gaming has been better the last five years than it has in any other period or console generation. Fight me :P

Agreed.

Around the Network
Alara317 said:
I confess I was only marginally excited for this until I started hearing more about its world-building and exploration elements (and how the devs were inspired by Fromsoft's work on Dark Souls and Bloodborne, two of my favourite games). Then the reviews started flowing and here I am as excited as any of you.

Zelda, Mario, and Horizon last year, God of War, Smash, and Red Dead Redemption this year.

I may have nostalgia goggles for the SNES era, but I truly do feel that, overall, gaming has been better the last five years than it has in any other period or console generation. Fight me :P

Really? I agree that the last two years have been fantastic and the not too distant future looks bright, but the 2012-2014 stretch was absolutely horrendous, imo.  The worst 3 years since I've been an active gamer and I actually did very little gaming in that stretch as a result. 2011 kinda ended the last gen with a bang, and then the new gen got off to a horribly rocky start. For awhile I was getting worried this gen would just be endless ports and remasters of the great last gen games, except for the worthwhile new games from Nintendo, who were having serious issues adjusting to HD development and putting out games with any consistency. 2015 finally had a few heavy hitters, and then this gen seemed to finally ignite in 2016. But yeah, 2012-2015 is my least favorite stretch since I've been gaming as a kid in the 90's by far. '04-'11 was an incredible stretch that I doubt can ever be replicated, but hopefully the good one we're in now lasts at least a couple more years. 

Last edited by HyrulianScrolls - on 16 April 2018

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 16 April 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

pitzy272 said:
BraLoD said:

It can still drop as far as 93, even as 94 would be a more realistic drop from what it looks like.

Basically there is EDGE that can go anyway and if the guy from Quarter to Three decides to touch it it's definitely dropping at least to 94. He took until late May to review Horizon last year so the score can still be dropping quite later when it looks like it's set.

What else has QtT reviewed infamously badly? They didn’t review Uncharted 4 that I saw. And taking until May to review is ridiculous. I don’t see how that’s even allowed. You can have so many things spoiled by that time. 

He gives 40s to every civilization game, gave a 60 to Horizon, a 60 to Uncharted 2, 40 to the witness, a 20 to Forza Horizon 2, 40 to Infamous second son, 20 to Beyond two souls, 20 to Halo 4, etc...

Seems like an ass to me, you can check his reviews on meta here, don't really know why meta has him considered, his site doesn't seem like it has many fans 

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/quarter-to-three?filter=games&page=0

pastro243 said:
pitzy272 said:

What else has QtT reviewed infamously badly? They didn’t review Uncharted 4 that I saw. And taking until May to review is ridiculous. I don’t see how that’s even allowed. You can have so many things spoiled by that time. 

He gives 40s to every civilization game, gave a 60 to Horizon, a 60 to Uncharted 2, 40 to the witness, a 20 to Forza Horizon 2, 40 to Infamous second son, 20 to Beyond two souls, 20 to Halo 4, etc...

Seems like an ass to me, you can check his reviews on meta here, don't really know why meta has him considered, his site doesn't seem like it has many fans 

John2290 said:

I've just slowly started to get hyped over the course of the day. It's almost like I've conditioned myself not to get excited for games until they are In sight, if at all and now with the pre load in sight, haven't checked but it might even be installing right now or at least tomorrow night. I'm fucking pumped. Can't wait. 10/10 on the hype meter. 

Same here. I wasn't even thinking of the game until the last week. I refuse to get hyped for games because it makes the wait longer. The time flies when you're not thinking of it. 

I'm tearing through god of war 3 remastered on titan difficulty currently. Just need that for the platinum. Up to the fight with hermes. Really enjoying it. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
pitzy272 said:

Anything he touches that's not Nintendo.

Even Kotaku has called the site out some years ago, the scores appear random with weird games getting higher than notable ones, though I've personally only seem 100s for Nintendo games, I can't guarantee it has always been like that.

It's the only yellow score The Last of Us got. And why? Because it wasn't a characterless mobile game where if Joel dies there is no continue and you get another random char. Basically because the game had great story telling over very well thought chars instead of permadeath. He score it down because it was not what he wanted, not because it was bad.

Got even harsher with some of Microsoft's Horizon games, gave it a 2/10.

That's fucking insane. How is somebody like that even allowed to contribute to Metacritic?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BraLoD said:

Even Kotaku has called the site out some years ago, the scores appear random with weird games getting higher than notable ones, though I've personally only seem 100s for Nintendo games, I can't guarantee it has always been like that.

It's the only yellow score The Last of Us got. And why? Because it wasn't a characterless mobile game where if Joel dies there is no continue and you get another random char. Basically because the game had great story telling over very well thought chars instead of permadeath. He score it down because it was not what he wanted, not because it was bad.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. 

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
pitzy272 said:

pastro243 said:
pitzy272 said:

A 60 to Uncharted 2 and TLoU?? And a 40 to the Witness? Why in the hell has MC not booted him? How can they keep a reviewer that consistently scores THAT much lower than the average? What a joke. I’m surprised people haven’t complained to MCQtT really could screw up GoW’s score. I didn’t think it could ever maintain its 95, but every recent review has only increased its score. But a 60% could ruin that. 

some insider info from resetera

"I can say this much, GOW has destroyed whatever Gamestop was projecting. Reserves are 200%+ to its reserve goal.

Labo on the other had is really trending blow exceptions and there just isn't enough awareness of it. COULD seem some traction if it gets popular on youtube and twitch but right now I don't see it doing well to start off with."

quickrick said:
some insider info from resetera

"I can say this much, GOW has destroyed whatever Gamestop was projecting. Reserves are 200%+ to its reserve goal.

Labo on the other had is really trending blow exceptions and there just isn't enough awareness of it. COULD seem some traction if it gets popular on youtube and twitch but right now I don't see it doing well to start off with."

Wrong thread ?