By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

quickrick said:
Tmfwang said:

Make a thread of this :)

Pease go ahead and do it, nintedo fans will not take kindly if they know i'm the OP.

just leave out the nintendo info..... no reason to put that in there anyways. Labo doesn't have to take off like GOW, doesn't mean it wont still end up being a success.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
quickrick said:

Pease go ahead and do it, nintedo fans will not take kindly if they know i'm the OP.

I can make a thread about the Labo-stuff, if you make a thread about the GoW stuff ;)

also, do you have a link-source I can put in that thread? :) thx :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-10#post-6844761

Intrinsic said:
quickrick said:

just leave out the nintendo info..... no reason to put that in there anyways. Labo doesn't have to take off like GOW, doesn't mean it wont still end up being a success.

I'm kinda feeling lazy. i think a thread would be more active, and have more to discuss with the insiders full info about how the biggest games of april are doing before release.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Alara317 said:
I confess I was only marginally excited for this until I started hearing more about its world-building and exploration elements (and how the devs were inspired by Fromsoft's work on Dark Souls and Bloodborne, two of my favourite games). Then the reviews started flowing and here I am as excited as any of you.

Zelda, Mario, and Horizon last year, God of War, Smash, and Red Dead Redemption this year.

I may have nostalgia goggles for the SNES era, but I truly do feel that, overall, gaming has been better the last five years than it has in any other period or console generation. Fight me :P

Really? I agree that the last two years have been fantastic and the not too distant future looks bright, but the 2012-2014 stretch was absolutely horrendous, imo.  The worst 3 years since I've been an active gamer and I actually did very little gaming in that stretch as a result. 2011 kinda ended the last gen with a bang, and then the new gen got off to a horribly rocky start. For awhile I was getting worried this gen would just be endless ports and remasters of the great last gen games, except for the worthwhile new games from Nintendo, who were having serious issues adjusting to HD development and putting out games with any consistency. 2015 finally had a few heavy hitters, and then this gen seemed to finally ignite in 2016. But yeah, 2012-2015 is my least favorite stretch since I've been gaming as a kid in the 90's by far. '04-'11 was an incredible stretch that I doubt can ever be replicated, but hopefully the good one we're in now lasts at least a couple more years. 

2016 had: Uncharted 4, Forza Horizon 3, Overwatch, Stardew Valley, Titanfall 2, Dark Souls III, Pokemon sun/moon, Battlefield 1, Ratchet & Clank, Doom, Gears of War 4, and Watch Dogs 2.

Not a bad year at all, some favorites of mine, personally (Dark souls, titanfall 2, Ratchet, Pokemon)

2015 had: Undertale, The Witcher III, MGSV, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Forza Motorsport 6, Mario Maker, Ori and the Blind forest, Rocket League, Cities, Skylines, Axiom Verge, Halo 5, and Splatoon! 

Not only is that a lot of truly great games, but a lot of variety (and I only picked games that I personally like or love!) 

2014 had: Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS, Bayonetta 2, Shovel Knight, Dark Souls II, Mario Kart 8, South Park: the Stick of Truth, TitanFall, Forza Horizon 2, Divinity: Original Sin, Bravely Default, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze!

Huge year for Nintendo, and that's still me being picky. This was the 'weak' year, and there's still a bunch of great stuff with a tonne of variety!

2013 had: Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Rayman Legends, Pokemon X/Y, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and so many more

I could have doubled or tripled the 2013 entries, but I was having a bit of a nerdgasm (sploosh) over the great games in that year, so I had to stop. 

2012 had: less. I won't lie, 2012 was a weaker year, but that's okay considering 2013-2018 has been such an outstanding stretch, and with Smash and RDR2 coming, I'll be busy a while. 

Yeah, we've only had a few UTTERLY OUTSTANDING INDUSTRY BREAKING SUCCESSES since 2012, but when that list includes Breath of the Wild, God of War, Mario Odyssey, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us, not to mention favorites of mine like Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, Axiom Verge, Assassin's Creed IV, and many others...yeah, the last 5 years have been outstanding!

It's also worth noting that of those outstanding games, 2 are Sony, 2 are Nintendo, 1 is Rockstar, and 0  are Microsoft. 

IGN review of God of War almost has 2m views... in basically just 4days time.
Thats nuts imo.

Around the Network

3 Reviews added total now 89 Critics

GameOver.Gr 100,
New York Daily News 100
4players.de 90

GhetooBillGates said:

GameOver.Gr 100,
New York Daily News 100
4players.de 90

^ thats like a ~97 (100+100+90 / 3).... so that should edge it upwards.

GhetooBillGates said:

GameOver.Gr 100,
New York Daily News 100
4players.de 90

Didn’t change its position past TLoU though :/

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

JRPGfan said:
GhetooBillGates said:

GameOver.Gr 100,
New York Daily News 100
4players.de 90

^ thats like a ~97 (100+100+90 / 3).... so that should edge it upwards.

Still 53rd all time, unless that list hasn't updated yet.

GhetooBillGates said:

GameOver.Gr 100,
New York Daily News 100
4players.de 90

Good news. Solidifying it's 95 now.