By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shovel Knight surpasses two million copies sold – Switch at 370k, fastest-selling platform

What's also interesting is a physical edition has yet to release yet on Switch. If they do that I'm sure Switch sales of Shovel Knight will rise to the top.

Around the Network

Ok Switch is just killing it, good times for good devs 

Man, the sales of the PS4 version are lower than I thought, it makes me wonder how many physical copies of the game there actually are.

That's quite impressive for an indie game, though I thought it would be higher given how many people talk about Shovel Knight.

That is Crazy! Congrats to them.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Yay Canada.

VGPolyglot said:
Man, the sales of the PS4 version are lower than I thought, it makes me wonder how many physical copies of the game there actually are.

It most appeals to fans of old platformers back in the nes days, predating playstation. I tried it but really did not enjoy it...

Those are great numbers. I wonder how long is going to take until the Switch version outsells PC.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Damn I wish every developer would release such detailed information about their sales!

Signature goes here!

KrspaceT said:
Chazore said:

Considering that BT had Nintendo marketing via the Switch and youtube Switch promotion, it's no wonder it sold better than on Steam.

Can't for the life of me think of a time where Valve became one of the big 3 and paid for all the dev's marketing and pushed for all sorts of otehr marketing venues, which neither EA or the other client owners do either.

Not sure why you'd revel in it, as that just speaks Warz mentality. 

After the Wii U, Nintendo needs victories against the PS4/Xbox/PC trio. Taking Shovel Knight's lead would be a most excellent victory

Speaking of which, did you see that the PS4 is still a long ways behind the Wii U in Showel Knight sales, and even in revenue despite the Wii U basically being dead already when the price increase came? Wii U beating PS4, such a rare sight indeed.

I also think that the Wii U was critical for Nintendo embracing the Indie games, as apart from themselves and the odd game from a bigger publisher, Indies where the only ones that kept the system afloat. This followed over to the Switch, which shows that good Indies can sell very well if they don't get drowned in other releases (Steam) or where the platform holders don't show much interest in them (Sony & Microsoft)