By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda discusses about Switch, Possibility of bringing Ports, Exclusives and Release Timing

Give me Rage for the Switch. A sequel would be also nice.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

I am really pleased with the efforts that Bethesda has made with Switch so early on, and appreciate them taking the time and investment to do so.  I'd really like to know actual sales figures for the games they've released....and an honest answer from them on how they feel about the sales and actual profits.  No pr spin.  That would tell a lot about how they will move forward with Switch.

Miyamotoo said:
routsounmanman said:

In fact it was. It's not just about the visuals. The scope of the world, the AI, the underlying systems and to a degree the graphics were, in fact, pretty advanced for the time (Skyrim).

We can safely assume that ESVI will most probably will not be port-able (ha!) to the Switch.

To be fair Oblivion already done that 5 years earlier than Skyrim, Skyrim was more advanced but nothing mind blowing, Fallout 4 that came out even much later in new generation was even less impresive, so its far from sure that ESVI will be modern, state of art game, and even less that couldnt run on Switch.

Every game could be ported to Switch, all comes to if some devs really wants game to be ported to Switch and how much game would be downgraded.

bonzobanana said: 
Fallout 4 is an amazing game which was hugely ambitious in all the stuff you can do and see no reason why it can't come to the Switch with a few compromises. You see PC gamers making the effort to mod it to run on low level hardware. I think 2GB memory and a gpu of about 300 gflops was achieved. It looked poor but the frame rate was 20-30. I properly optimised version designed to run on weaker hardware should be possible.

Fallout is using garbage engine and its poorly optimised game. Porting to Switch would definitely need much better optimisation or maybe even different engine, but it's not impossible in any case.

Can't agree with that. Truly amazing game with so much going on. Hugely ambitious. Complicated engine maybe but garbage certainly not.  Many games have limited options, limited features, almost on rails where you can go and make no attempt to simulate a real world with physics and weather, in fact often have simplistic unrealistic often repeated graphics. Fallout 4 is not one of them and making a such an engine which requires more powerful hardware does not make it garbage.

morenoingrato said:
I do wonder how Doom performed compared to their expectations.

Im curious too, both Doom & Skyrim are looking to sell around my expectations.

I think pre-release i said 500k-1m for Skyrim and 300-500k for Doom. This site has them at 710k & 300k so it seems like both will do on the higher side of my expectations.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bonzobanana said:
Miyamotoo said:

To be fair Oblivion already done that 5 years earlier than Skyrim, Skyrim was more advanced but nothing mind blowing, Fallout 4 that came out even much later in new generation was even less impresive, so its far from sure that ESVI will be modern, state of art game, and even less that couldnt run on Switch.

Every game could be ported to Switch, all comes to if some devs really wants game to be ported to Switch and how much game would be downgraded.

Fallout is using garbage engine and its poorly optimised game. Porting to Switch would definitely need much better optimisation or maybe even different engine, but it's not impossible in any case.

Can't agree with that. Truly amazing game with so much going on. Hugely ambitious. Complicated engine maybe but garbage certainly not.  Many games have limited options, limited features, almost on rails where you can go and make no attempt to simulate a real world with physics and weather, in fact often have simplistic unrealistic often repeated graphics. Fallout 4 is not one of them and making a such an engine which requires more powerful hardware does not make it garbage.

I dont think game itself is bad even I if find Fallout 3 is better game, just that game dont run properly with 30 FPS even on PS4 and game dont look that good in any case, so yeah, engine is not good in any case (garbage is probably too strong word) and definitely isn't optimised game.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

"We have some surprises in store," he said. "We're gonna be talking about a healthy number of new games and new projects and... look, I'm really excited. We've been working on E3 for this year since September of last year. I'm already seven, eight months into working on E3, but I really like how it's coming along. I think there's gonna be something in there for everyone regardless of what you play on or what kind of games you're into, and my biggest hope always is that we deliver on the promise of E3."

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/646303/Bethesda+showing+healthy+number+of+new+projects+at+E3/

I see Bethesda is planning on moving on to port Skyrim on Mobile phones. Good for them!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Here are sales for Skyrim & Doom according to this site.

Skyrim Remastered
PS4-2.97 million
XBO-1.67 million
NSW-0.71 million
Total-5.35 million

DOOM
PS4-2.50 million
XBO-1.32 million
NSW-0.30 million
Total-4.12 million

Not bad considering the Switch versions released 1-1.5 years later and shows potential for improvement with games that release at the same time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

killeryoshis said:
Miyamotoo said:

"We have some surprises in store," he said. "We're gonna be talking about a healthy number of new games and new projects and... look, I'm really excited. We've been working on E3 for this year since September of last year. I'm already seven, eight months into working on E3, but I really like how it's coming along. I think there's gonna be something in there for everyone regardless of what you play on or what kind of games you're into, and my biggest hope always is that we deliver on the promise of E3."

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/646303/Bethesda+showing+healthy+number+of+new+projects+at+E3/

I see Bethesda is planning on moving on to port Skyrim on Mobile phones. Good for them!

Its very intresting interview, Bethesda sounds quite positive about Switch.

It should get GTAV. That will sell at least 4 million. GTAV on the go, my God.

LethalP said:
It should get GTAV. That will sell at least 4 million. GTAV on the go, my God.

You do realize GTA has nothing to do with Bethesda?