By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody else here watch ASMRs?

So, I have tinnitus. That means, essentially, that I always have a ringing sound in my ears. If you were to ask how it sounds, it's generally like this:

So, what does that mean? It means that the quieter it is, the more noticeable the ringing in my ears are. So, I frequently have a fan running in my bedroom. However, another way to fill the silence is through ASMRs, which I enjoy watching myself. Here is an example of one that I'm watching right now:

I was wondering if you guys enjoyed ASMRs too, for either the same reason as me, or possibly for different reasons!

Around the Network

Off topic. As far as I can tell, there's no way to actually measure the severity of tinnitus. I have had it since the age of 10, and know what caused it. Thankfully, mine has improved greatly over the years, and as of the last several years, I barely notice it any more. As to your ASMR question, no. I have never listened to any of them.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I love ASMR, i've been watching and listening to it frequently ever since 2016 which was when I first saw what it was lol. Sadly I think I became tingle-immune a while ago from watching it so much but I still watch it a lot because it's just relaxing to listen to, especially when trying to sleep. 

COKTOE said:
Off topic. As far as I can tell, there's no way to actually measure the severity of tinnitus. I have had it since the age of 10, and know what caused it. Thankfully, mine has improved greatly over the years, and as of the last several years, I barely notice it any more. As to your ASMR question, no. I have never listened to any of them.

I think I got mine from playing the drums for years without ear protection.

I'm into ASMR.

As someone with a lot of stress and anxiety, it helps me relax. Personal attention roleplays, particularly medical ones like doctor's examinations, make me feel comfortable and reassured, since I've spent a lot of time in the medical system throughout my life.

It can also be helpful when I feel lonely and starved of emotional contact.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

I think I got mine from playing the drums for years without ear protection.

Mine was from prolonged exposure to extremely loud music. I still consider the adult in charge of the situation to be one of the biggest dumbasses I've ever come across.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I enjoy listening to asmr, even though I rarely get any tingles merely since it really helps me relax. ASMR Darling, Gibi ASMR (especially her singing videos) and Frivolous 🦊 ASMR are some of my favourites.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I've actually always experienced tingles from various sounds throughout my life, but I never actually knew what exactly that was all about until I discovered ASMR clips on YouTube a while back. It's quite amazing just how many people on there do ASMR content, though the quality varies greatly. Some of it is genuinely relaxing, while others are more likely to induce headaches.

Anyway, to answer your question, I do listen to ASMR now and again. Especially if I'm having one of those nights where I just can't seem to fall asleep. Some good ASMR tends to put me right out.

I watch those before bedtime. Medical and massage mostly. Lately i have been trying Japanese bartending videos like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYVD7XzW55I

It really helps to relax and i'm getting a real hunger for a cocktails .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Mr.Playstation said:

I enjoy listening to asmr, even though I rarely get any tingles merely since it really helps me relax. ASMR Darling, Gibi ASMR (especially her singing videos) and Frivolous 🦊 ASMR are some of my favourites.

I see you are a man of taste also. ;)

Some of my other favourites are [Esc] Reality, Hailey Rose, and Creative Calm. And of course the granddaddy of em all, Bob Ross.