By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Updated Forum Rules - EVERYBODY PLEASE READ

The quoting rule is there so you can't quote people out of context. Suppose we were talking about WW2 and I could be speaking up about the military intelligence of the Germans at the time. I could easily come up with a statement like "When they were about to invade France the Nazis thought it would be easiest to circumvent the main border and go from an alternate route and surprise the French defences. Turns out the Nazis were right." If you quoted the second part of that sentence it would seem extremely horrific because it is out of context. I should be allowed to request someone remove that quote from their sig if they were to try and use it to drum up hatred about me on this site. Yes it is a ridiculous degree of hyperbole, but that is the easiest way to convey the basic idea.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Exactly Gnizmo. We get a lot of complaints from people being quoted out of context. We are trying to keep the forums as civil as possible, and the constant quoting of people out of context has created a lot of issues.

Bush doesn't sue someone everytime you quote him, but the users on this site will argue and get into fights over quotes of each other. We want this to be a pleasant community for gamers.

Great update to the rules.. especially regarding signatures.. those were really getting out of hand :)

naznatips said:
Exactly Gnizmo. We get a lot of complaints from people being quoted out of context. We are trying to keep the forums as civil as possible, and the constant quoting of people out of context has created a lot of issues.

Bush doesn't sue someone everytime you quote him, but the users on this site will argue and get into fights over quotes of each other. We want this to be a pleasant community for gamers.

Exactly. I complained a lot about sig lengths. I complained about the Off Topic appearing in the Hot Topic. I complained several times about the Forum Rules. I'm three for three. The toggle tab is awesome.

Probably the next thing I'll complain about is moderators and writers, and maybe even a little about some moderators who are writers. Of course not RocketPig. He sometimes tries a little too hard to inject the "Benny Hill" type humour into the articles but the subject and content are consistently up to snuff. But the site moderation could be improved almost instantly by removing moderator status from some of the moderators and some of the people who write (who might or might not be moderators) who aren't very good writers and pick terrible topics to write about.

They'll eventually give themselves enough rope to hang themselves and believe you me, that's when I'll start complaining about them. Then again I've seen one moderator go from complete shite up to pretty good. It was an amazing transformation to watch. Like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.

sig test

Around the Network

Checking sig size

The 30 second rule SUCKS... I h8 it.

Checking my sig.

From what i Gather a sig is one line only.

Love is whats most important.

I looked at Page 3 and no posts were there ... until now  So WTF happened?  A banned post?  [edit:  Yes.  RIP etech7.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!