By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

That's kinda like telling a PS4 gamer "you could code your own PS4 emulator from the ground up and play Horizon Zero Dawn at  4K/60fps, why bother playing it on PS4?" Even if a gyro mod exists for PC, (does it even exist? Cos I sure as hell don't know why to make one) that would require me to fork out cash for a powerful gaming PC and go through all the hassle of modding which is frankly beyond my limited technical expertise, why go to all that trouble and expense when I'm already quite happy with the gyro-powered Switch version?

If there is interest on the idea there will be modders making it on the games, it doesn't really have to be you. Kinect had several mods to play on PC, PSVR work on PC, so if people liked the idea of gyro aiming on Doom they could make a mod.

But it's funny that you compare making a mod to put gyro controls on Doom to make a full working emulator.

Still haven't seem where did I say you have to do it.

You're missing the point entirely. What you suggest simply isn't worth my while when I already have a motion-enabled version of the game that I am satisfied with.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

If there is interest on the idea there will be modders making it on the games, it doesn't really have to be you. Kinect had several mods to play on PC, PSVR work on PC, so if people liked the idea of gyro aiming on Doom they could make a mod.

But it's funny that you compare making a mod to put gyro controls on Doom to make a full working emulator.

Still haven't seem where did I say you have to do it.

You're missing the point entirely. What you suggest simply isn't worth my while when I already have a motion-enabled version of the game that I am satisfied with.

I didn't even say it was worth. I just said that being on PC doesn't make the gyro incompatible as if you were mandated to chose. But no issue on you liking a specific HW to play a game, most of us are like that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

So X1X must be cheap af for 4k resolution, damn Switch. How dare it cost $300 at launch? PS4/Xbox 1 cost only $150 at launch and PS4 Pro/Xbox 1 is only $200. How dare Switch cost too much like that? Not only that, it use a small mobile chip for a portable, why it must be so small? It should be at least as big as Xbox 1 X and play on the go while cost only $100, it will be at least acceptable for small audience. Why Switch only have ps2 looking games? Look at ps4, it have many vita ports in gorgeous 1080p and 60 fps. Damn Switch with Wii U games only. Switch should have mod for better resolution like ps4/xbox 1 have mod for become lighter and more stronger with ability play game on the go as well as fit a pocket while cost $50 only in 2018

Several people on VGC considered X1X cheap for what was offering and other expensive because it was still a console... Most complained about PS3 launching at 499/599... your point?

Still 300 for a HH was ever considered expensive even more when using a cheap screen.

My point? Oh no, why a small $300 portable can't be on par with a $500 big console? PS Vita must be cheap af, it is only $250 at launch, you only have to add another $40 - $50 for a memory card require, not much for an almost $300 handheld, very cheap for a system that is not even strong as fifth as ps3 which came out since 2006. Yeah, only Sony can have a "HD" portable that is cheap like that

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

We're not going to factor that in to enjoyment of the game itself, that's a different question. However unless you have played substantial minutes on max settings on a PC I dont believe you can say you would have enjoyed it more on a Switch. 

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I know for a fact that I enjoy gyro controls more than prettier pixels.

Skipping multiplats on Switch as you suggest would have resulted in me missing out on Doom, a game I greatly enjoyed, while playing a different version as you suggest would've not only robbed me of the fun of playing it with motion controls, but also cost me a large (and unnecessary) sum of money as I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC.

Sounds like you have no choice but to enjoy the Switch version.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

I'm sorry, but this is a case of Post Purchase Rationalization

How does that work with Wolfenstein II then? If he's trying to rationalize Doom, why would he want to do it again?

Because he has no other choice?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol @ the idea that you’d instantly enjoy a game more on another platform just because of better graphics. Nonsense.

Hmmm...Better graphics and better performance on a video game. Yeah, that sounds terrible. Here's hoping next gen consoles are half as powerful as current ones. Oh, and we should all go back to 480i CRTs.

reviniente said:
curl-6 said:

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I know for a fact that I enjoy gyro controls more than prettier pixels.

Skipping multiplats on Switch as you suggest would have resulted in me missing out on Doom, a game I greatly enjoyed, while playing a different version as you suggest would've not only robbed me of the fun of playing it with motion controls, but also cost me a large (and unnecessary) sum of money as I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC.

I do have a choice actually. I could go out right now and buy a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC if I wanted one. I can afford it.

Wiibaron said:
The $500 graphics are better than the $300 graphics. Are they 65% better? When you take your XBX in your Minivan to play on the go, are the graphics good on the ceiling screen? How good are the graphics when you play your XBX at the bus stop? At work? Waiting at the DMV? On a home 1080P TV?

If the price of portability is a blurry, stuttering and dumbed down version of a game, I rather just stay at home.

curl-6 said:
reviniente said:

I do have a choice actually. I could go out right now and buy a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC if I wanted one. I can afford it.

Which means the Switch version of DOOM is the only one you have. When you go out and get another version (I highly recommend the X), then you will be able to choose the one you like best. It's not inconceivable that someone could enjoy playing DOOM on the Switch.

reviniente said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol @ the idea that you’d instantly enjoy a game more on another platform just because of better graphics. Nonsense.

Hmmm...Better graphics and better performance on a video game. Yeah, that sounds terrible. Here's hoping next gen consoles are half as powerful as current ones. Oh, and we should all go back to 480i CRTs.

Nice strawman, he never said graphics/performance were terrible things and should regress, why not adress the actual points being brought up?

For some people, having the best visuals & performance is extremely important. For others, gyro controls or portability are more important.

For me portability is very important, i wake up and get ready for work at 4am and usually dont get home until after 6pm. When i get home i play with my kids until they go to bed, then i try to get in a quick workout then i relax with my wife for about an hour and go to bed.

A good deal of my gaming comes during my daily commute to/from work. I carpool with 2 other guys and depending on where we are working its usually 1-2 hours each way so on days that i dont drive i either play a game, read a book, listen to music, watch a show/movie or take a quick nap.

I would say on average, i game at home on the TV 1-2 hours/week and play portable away from home 2-3 hours/week.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.