By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

SWORDF1SH said:
duduspace1 said:

I have been to the thread and commended the brilliant work been done plus the visibility that thread gives to more factors influencing NPD results that werent really visible from the Amazon Bestseller list.

My point however remains that the conclusion by some to explain the "Switch bias" was laughable in suggesting that the perceived bias arose out of a preferenc for Amazon by the Switch demographic.

Bundling, multiple SKUs and items going out of stock are all factors that influence the NPD outcome and that thread is illuminating this on an ongoing basis.

And my point is there is evidence that Switch buyers tend to prefer to buy on Amazon. You are welcome to your opinion and it's a decent opinion to have. I just don't agree with trying to completely shut down other people's opinions. It's also annoying when people try to make out that saying that Amazon sales favour Switch is having a pop at the console even when in the past I've also said that sales at places like Gamestop favour PS and Xbox.

Anyway, not sure why we're going down this route. My original comment is right, if a Switch Sku is number 1 on NPD, it's always going to be number 1 on Amazon if there is or isn't any bias because the theory is Amazon sales favour Switch.

That I disagree with. There is no such evidence. What you perceive as a tendency has already been and can be explained in  a lot of other ways. Such an assumption as you make is akin to saying that the presence of a person by a number of dead bodies automatically makes him a serial killer whereas it could make him a pathologist instead if you get my drift. It is too lazy an assumption to make considering the pervasiveness of online access to Amazon and some of the other online stores.

It is too simplistic as an hypothesis and sounds a lot worse when held out and argued as the sole explanation for the perceived phenomenon.

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
duduspace1 said:

Dropping a bit too quickly in the western markets for my liking but who knows ? may geta secod wind or hold a hi higher reduce sales level. Still trundling along waiting for word of mouth marketing. Still holding on on in Japan though........the reviews that children like it should help it during the holidays.

I think it's a bit too early to suggest LABO is dropping in the Western markets. It hasn't even released in Europe yet!

I am going by the US and the Canada sites where it is currently released. It has dropped off on those sites quicker than Japan.

duduspace1 said:
peachbuggy said:

I think it's a bit too early to suggest LABO is dropping in the Western markets. It hasn't even released in Europe yet!

I am going by the US and the Canada sites where it is currently released. It has dropped off on those sites quicker than Japan.

LABO is the sort of title that will sell over a long period of time. I'm sure its legs will be strong over a large period of time. It's quite stable in the U.S. atm and both reviews and word of mouth seem to be really good.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

whats the point of this thread when its wrong all the time now? switch messed it up

Playstation_awaiter said:
whats the point of this thread when its wrong all the time now? 

How is the thread wrong? The thread is Amazon's best sellers, not an NPD tracking/prediction thread. 

Around the Network
Playstation_awaiter said:
whats the point of this thread when its wrong all the time now? switch messed it up

Its useful info to see whats popular at the moment

you've just got to account for the Nintendo Bias, that amazon has.

Like I said months ago, I'm curious as to why amazon has a Nintendo bias, i.e. what makes amazon a more attractive place to purchase stuff than owners of the other consoles? Though last time I asked this I got shouted down with people saying THERE IS NO NINTENDO BIAS,  anyone still feel this way?

peachbuggy said:
duduspace1 said:

LABO is the sort of title that will sell over a long period of time. I'm sure its legs will be strong over a large period of time. It's quite stable in the U.S. atm and both reviews and word of mouth seem to be really good.

Agreed. The start certainly is promising from reviews and sales isn't bad so far. It could really be HUGE during the holidays.

LABO variety pack now in the top 5 in the UK, France and Spain, only EU site where its out of top 20 is Germany where its at 21. Still not yet on fire but solid performance so far on most sites.

Does anyone feel like I do that based on the performance of the Variety Pack compared to the Robot Kit, that its mostly the Enthusiast demographic that has taken up LABO so far rather than the Kid demographic ? I thought kids would actually be more interested in the Robot Kit.

Last edited by duduspace1 - on 25 April 2018

duduspace1 said:

LABO variety pack now in the top 5 in the UK, France and Spain, only EU site where its out of top 20 is Germany where its at 21. Still not yet on fire but solid performance so far on most sites.

Does anyone feel like I do that based on the performance of the Variety Pack compared to the Robot Kit, that its mostly the Enthusiast demographic that has taken up LABO so far rather than the Kid demographic ? I thought kids would actually be more interested in the Robot Kit.

Parents might be more interested in saving $10

Last edited by nero - on 25 April 2018