By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it too early for Nintendo to release Wii fit in Europe? GTA IV concerns

As you can see, there are already hype regarding GTA IV and the millions pre order sales proves it. Its the most awaited games not only in PS3 but also in 360, and its the most popular franchise since the PS2 days. Japan was OK because theres no real competition with PS3 in that region, in europe there is

I think for me Nintendo should just wait another week for GTA IV sales to subside before releasing it. But then its too late already Wii fit will be released in April 27

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I don't get it.

People that own a Wii don't give a shit about what's being released for another console. They're going to buy the game that's coming out on the console they own, not to mention that Wii Fit goes after a different type of gamer. I don't see what the problem is.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

And the audience is so different.
GTAIV is going to Hardcore homes and Wiifit into casual and partly hardgore..

If the game isn`t in your console you don`t care

1. Main audience is completely different
2. Those with both consoles, who also want both games, will probably go ahead and buy both games
3. Maybe its Rockstar who should be concerned.. consider it...

I think Nintendo knows the real impact of releasin' Wii Fit earlier I don't know but it seems that Wii Fit isn't a real game but a huge accessory of the wii just like the Wii Zapper and the others I think this is the most important reason of releasin' Wii fit earlier ok there's still summer and other reasons but if we try to look little bit for future we shall see that the Balance will for sure used for the Next Big N franchise such as Mario, Zelda it's more than possible this of course just a point of view of my little Brain lol.

Around the Network

@ tabsina

I like your Smash Brother Lord of the Ring sig.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Aidman said:
I think Nintendo knows the real impact of releasin' Wii Fit earlier I don't know but it seems that Wii Fit isn't a real game but a huge accessory of the wii just like the Wii Zapper and the others I think this is the most important reason of releasin' Wii fit earlier ok there's still summer and other reasons but if we try to look little bit for future we shall see that the Balance will for sure used for the Next Big N franchise such as Mario, Zelda it's more than possible this of course just a point of view of my little Brain lol.

wii fit is actually a huge game, lots of features and customisations, and i'd go as far as to say that i would not mind if the balance board isn't used for anything else at all except this game, but it will definitely be an added bonus when/if more games do utilise it

slightly off topic, but concerning the zapper.. that is actually nothing more than a shell for the remote, it doesn't add any functionality to games, but makes them perhaps feel more natural, and the games that use it will work just as well without it.... at the same time, even the concept of wii fit fails if there is no balance board.. so its much different to any other accessory that has hit the wii thus far

regin2005 said:
@ tabsina

I like your Smash Brother Lord of the Ring sig.

thanks, it was actually the vgchartz user Stever89 who came up with it, and i found it hilarious :P

Wii fit is a game thats supposed to have legs, such games dont need big openings to sell huge since its the lifetime sales that counts.

A person who was going to buy gta IV and wii fit would most likely buy gta and when he completed the game he will buy wii fit a few weeks later for example.

The only time releasing a game at the same time as another big game is a bad move is if your game will be considered old after sales have subsided for the other big release game.

they dont even target the same group of people so I see no problem realeasing it so close the GTA IV

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

WiiFit has no competition, so it does not matter when it releases.

The only concern I guess is the small group of people who buy it for the board to use in other games, and not to workout. I don't think it matters though, because with or without those people, it's going to sell out. :)

BTW: I have both WiiFit and GTA pre-ordered.