By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 First half of 2018 is Nuts!

Is this the strongest first half, of any year for PS4?

Yes 17 60.71%

No 9 32.14%

see results 2 7.14%

Total:28
Slade6alpha said:
Holy shit, this is hilarious.

"Far Cry 5 marketing and exclusive DLC."

Would only buy god of war 4 and ni no kuni 2 from that list. Last year was first half was easily better.

Trying to remember 2017....

2017:
Horizon Zero dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey, Danganronpa 1&2 Reload, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, LocoRoco Remastered, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, MLB The Show 17....ect

2018:
God of War , Yakuza 6 , Detroit Become Human , Ni No Kuni 2, Shadow Of The Colossus remake, Secrete of Mana Remake, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory, MLB The Show 18, The Witch and the Hundred Knight II, Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time, The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia, Dragon's Crown Pro... ect

I still think 2018 is slightly stronger.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Welcome to the last 3 years.

I dont think spiderman is confirmed to be for june though..... unless i missed something.

More like last 2 years. This is the typical for PS consoles since ps1.When content start dropping faster than you can keep up you just know Sony getting ready to launch a new console.

When everybody else is drying up sony accelerates to the finish, for them its always been a sprint then a race to finish. Best way in my opnion, casue it keeps players engaged just as the new gen is being announced. No better feeling than playing the best game of last gen (The Last of Us) just months before the PS4 launched, its like the fun never ends.

These last 2 years should see some of their best content by far.

loy310 said:
Intrinsic said:
Welcome to the last 3 years.

I dont think spiderman is confirmed to be for june though..... unless i missed something.

More like last 2 years. This is the typical for PS consoles since ps1.When content start dropping faster than you can keep up you just know Sony getting ready to launch a new console.

When everybody else is drying up sony accelerates to the finish, for them its always been a sprint then a race to finish. Best way in my opnion, casue it keeps players engaged just as the new gen is being announced. No better feeling than playing the best game of last gen (The Last of Us) just months before the PS4 launched, its like the fun never ends.

These last 2 years should see some of their best content by far.

Funny enough, TLOU2 may just very well release under a year from tbe PS5 launch. Almost a full generation away from the first part.

Hard to say whether 2018's first half is the strongest ever. Last year was pretty strong too. In my opinion last year was stronger cause by April there were already a bunch of great titles like Res Evil 7, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5 etc... While 2018 is a good year, I can't think of an equivalent amount having already happened.

BraLoD said:
JRPGfan said:

2017:
Horizon Zero dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey, Danganronpa 1&2 Reload, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, LocoRoco Remastered, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, MLB The Show 17....ect

2018:
God of War , Yakuza 6 , Detroit Become Human , Ni No Kuni 2, Shadow Of The Colossus remake, Secrete of Mana Remake, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory, MLB The Show 18, The Witch and the Hundred Knight II, Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time, The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia, Dragon's Crown Pro... ect

Resident Evil VII *(multiplat), Tales of Berseria, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5.

2017 was one of the best years ever, specially the frist half (though Sonic Mania was just in August)

How did I not remember that one(persona)... O_O
But yeah Nioh+Nier+Persona 5.... that changes things abit.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
BraLoD said:

Resident Evil VII *(multiplat), Tales of Berseria, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5.

2017 was one of the best years ever, specially the frist half (though Sonic Mania was just in August)

How did I not remember that one(persona)... O_O
But yeah Nioh+Nier+Persona 5.... that changes things abit.

I still have persona 5 unopened. I just don't have the time anymore. Im trying my best to finish nino kuni 2 and a couple off others before god of war comes out. Good thing im not interested in detroit. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

JRPGfan said:
Slade6alpha said:
Holy shit, this is hilarious.

"Far Cry 5 marketing and exclusive DLC."

Would only buy god of war 4 and ni no kuni 2 from that list. Last year was first half was easily better.

2017:

2018:

i think so too : )

I'm interested in getting shadow of the colossus and far cry on sale. God of war day 1 and detroit probably on its first sale for €40.

Later I want spyro, spiderman and rdr2 all day 1. Crazy year for me. Battlefield v I'll want too.

Don't forget Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings.

+1 for mentioning Persona Dancing, the only games that matter.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."