By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just pre ordered a phone for the first time.

Good deal?

Yes! 8 88.89%

No! 1 11.11%

Total:9
Faelco said:
Xen said:

I've never even touched an apple mobile device aside from 5 mins with an iPad at work... and never used an android phone that cost more than 130€ .

...good deal for the headphones, besides that, no reason to waste more than 200€ on a phone.

I got in the past a LG, a Blackberry, a Samsung and a Sony, all between 300 and 500 euros I think (but bought with my plan mostly). Last year when I went abroad, I thought that the money might be tighter and decided to buy something cheaper, a 200 euros Huawei. Worst piece of junk I've ever had in my hand, I can't stand it. It's so slow that it feels like I'm watching a PowerPoint, that damn thing even goes back to sleep before finishing loading the camera when I try to use it. When my friends and I are all taking pictures of the same thing, I have to tell them "Wait, don't go too far ahead, I'm waiting for my phone to react to take a picture too" (and the quality is awful, of course). When someone send me a message on Messenger and their profile pic appears in a small pop up, the whole phone freezes for like a minute, can't even turn off the screen with the button or anything, just dead for a minute. 

I'll make a financial effort and go buy a 500 euros Sony phone in the next couple of weeks, and then I will smash that cheap crap with a hammer. Wouldn't even sell it used, don't want to rip someone off. 

You see, you ended up in your situation because you bought a cheap piece of crap without reading reviews. I have a 130 euro Lenovo K3 Note and it fulfills any task perfectly - communications, web browsing, a quick document edit... I don't play mobile games, however. The specs are decent, probably unlike your Huawei - a perfectly decent brand, though much inferior to something like Xiaomi.

Around the Network

Congrats! That's a sexy phone with really great specs!

think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:
RIP your bank account

It wasn't too expensive, I think like 600 euros or something. You can get them on plan here with no interest.

600 Euros still sounds like a lot to me, the free headphones were nice though!

think-man said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
I honestly didn't realize that Sony still made phones. I still have the iPhone SE. I'm hoping they release a new model of it, as most phones are just too damn big, imo.

I'm pretty sure I have only owned Sony phones for the last 5-7 years. The last 3 models I've owned at least have been Sony. I take lots of pictures, so I like the high end cameras they have on them. That and they can take a beating. I've never had a screen break despite dropping my phone every 2nd day :P 

I'm glad to hear that the quality has improved. I had one of those little Sony MP3 phones, maybe like 9-10 years ago, and the thing was dead within a year and a half. Maybe i'll have to consider a Sony, next time i get a new phone. The phone was similar to the one in the pic that i posted.

WOW! you wanna calm down man. This is far to extreme.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
think-man said:

It wasn't too expensive, I think like 600 euros or something. You can get them on plan here with no interest.

I spend over 400 euros a month on video games, I can spare a little more for a phone. :P

think-man said:
VGPolyglot said:

I spend over 400 euros a month on video games, I can spare a little more for a phone. :P

WTF? That much on video games?

In Germany Sony has a similar promotion for the first 2500 buyers of an Xperia XZ2 or XZ2 Compact.

They can choose between

PSVR-Bundle: PSVR-Brille + PS4 Kamera + VR Experience „VR Worlds“
Sony Cam HDR-AS50
Sony WH-H900N Bluetooth Headset
Sony Streaming Box LF-S50G
Sony GTK-XB5

Sixteenvolt420 said:
think-man said:

I'm pretty sure I have only owned Sony phones for the last 5-7 years. The last 3 models I've owned at least have been Sony. I take lots of pictures, so I like the high end cameras they have on them. That and they can take a beating. I've never had a screen break despite dropping my phone every 2nd day :P 

I'm glad to hear that the quality has improved. I had one of those little Sony MP3 phones, maybe like 9-10 years ago, and the thing was dead within a year and a half. Maybe i'll have to consider a Sony, next time i get a new phone. The phone was similar to the one in the pic that i posted.

I had three Sony-Ericsson Walkman, the only defect I ever had was on the last one that a specific button was know to crack.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Conina said:

In Germany Sony has a similar promotion for the first 2500 buyers of an Xperia XZ2 or XZ2 Compact.

They can choose between

PSVR-Bundle: PSVR-Brille + PS4 Kamera + VR Experience „VR Worlds“
Sony Cam HDR-AS50
Sony WH-H900N Bluetooth Headset
Sony Streaming Box LF-S50G
Sony GTK-XB5

Wow, that's even sweeter! I would have definitely gone for the VR