By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - YouTube incident: 'Active shooter' at HQ in northern California

LuccaCardoso1 said:
o_O.Q said:

Anyone vaguely informed on gun control issues knows is that the U.S. does not have a gun problem.

Yes, it does.

Since 2013, 305 school incidents related to firearms occurred in the US, around one a week.

From 1966 to 2012, the US was the country with the most mass shootings, 90, 72 more mass shootings than the second place, Philippines, that had 18.

Between 2000 and 2010, the US (population of 309 million people) had 27 school killings with multiple victims. During the same period, Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago and Yemen (total population of 3.8 billion people), had 28.

It doesn't matter if the murder rate is lower or higher when compared to other countries, the fact is that it would surely be much lower with better gun control laws.

"It doesn't matter if the murder rate is lower or higher when compared to other countries"

huh? isn't the whole point of this gun control agenda to save lives or something?

"the fact is that it would surely be much lower with better gun control laws."

the statistics i posted from the uk clearly shows that this conclusion is wrong and do you know why? because the possibility that your target may shoot you dead is actually a deterrent when a criminal is assessing a target 

this is why switzerland a country with gun laws even more lax than the united states, where all men are required to serve in the military and retain their firearms has one of the lowest crime rates in the world

http://www.swissgetaway.com/Low-Crime-Rate-in-Switzerland

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/02/swiss-guns/553448/

Around the Network

Gun control wouldn't have stopped this, this girl was a crazy person, and YouTube pissed her off. Whether guns were here or not, people would still have been injured or killed by this girl. Because she is a crazy person who wants to kill people for demonetizing her cringry dance videos.
u-Haul trucks are cheap, bombs are easy to make, apparently people can hurt others with their words, so she could of easily mis gendered some of them on purpose and it would of been 100x more catastrophic than a bullet in the heart. I guess no matter what, people will still blame guns, innocent guns.

Hell, even if they banned gun sales like this, she could of bought one from across the border if she really wanted to use a gun if she knew she was going to end it all in suicide.

Don't blame guns, blame the media.

india is peeling back the gun control laws that society has to allow women to protect themselves from sexual assault with guns

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25727080

"Soon after the Delhi gang rape, large numbers of women in Indian cities began to look for ways to make themselves safer.

The Indian government introduced tougher new laws against rape, deployed more police on the streets and several cities introduced women's helplines.

But many frightened women had little faith in a largely corrupt and inefficient police force. Large numbers enrolled in self-defence classes and began stocking up on pepper spray cans. Some reports suggested there was a rise in the number of women seeking gun licences."

that right there is true feminism and women's empowerment

Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

sadly that's how it usually goes. At least on social media. If you say anything the other side is against, you're labeled a ''bot'' by the leftist of the country, if you do this against the the ''right'' of the country then you're labeled a ''shill'' 

You must have missed this part, where the author screams out their agenda and obvious bias:

"Conclusion

Anyone vaguely informed on gun control issues knows is that the U.S. does not have a gun problem."

yeah... they made a conclusion so fuck the statistics they based their conclusion on right? 

RJ_Sizzle said:
Damn, I hope there aren't any fatalities. It sucks that even the tech companies aren't safe from this kind of shit.

Nowhere will be safe in the US while people are allowed to own and carry guns.

But hey... old ass ammendment chart hundreads of years behind the times must be right. I mean, if the thousands year bible is right? (not)

I think the solution is obviously more guns for everyone. Let's have rodeos of blood where people shoot each other monthly! 

Yeah... pardon my sarcasm. It's just painful to watch. The US can be so backwards it hurts.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
o_O.Q said:

yeah fuck the facts and fuck reality right? and did you just call me a robot?

sadly that's how it usually goes. At least on social media. If you say anything the other side is against, you're labeled a ''bot'' by the leftist of the country, if you do this against the the ''right'' of the country then you're labeled a ''shill'' 

well unfortunately that's what happens when people become possessed by an ideology, its sad but its ultimately a result of them choosing to become polarised

o_O.Q said:
Insidb said:

You must have missed this part, where the author screams out their agenda and obvious bias:

"Conclusion

Anyone vaguely informed on gun control issues knows is that the U.S. does not have a gun problem."

yeah... they made a conclusion so fuck the statistics they based their conclusion on right? 

They made a biased, extremely subjective, unqualified, and unscientific conclusion.

Does that make you feel better about this garbage study that has already been debunked by several others?

How about this: gun violence has been decreasing in the US along with decreasing gun ownership rates...you don't even have to make a bunch of arbitrary exclusions or notations to show that.

Gun ownership rates: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.4022c2f31131

Gun violence: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/

Ergo, fewer gun owners = less gun violence: you're welcome.

o_O.Q said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

well unfortunately that's what happens when people become possessed by an ideology, its sad but its ultimately a result of them choosing to become polarised

You've got a solid grasp on autobiographies.

o_O.Q said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I just see it as brainwashing on both sides. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nem said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Damn, I hope there aren't any fatalities. It sucks that even the tech companies aren't safe from this kind of shit.

Nowhere will be safe in the US while people are allowed to own and carry guns.

But hey... old ass ammendment chart hundreads of years behind the times must be right. I mean, if the thousands year bible is right? (not)

I think the solution is obviously more guns for everyone. Let's have rodeos of blood where people shoot each other monthly! 

Yeah... pardon my sarcasm. It's just painful to watch. The US can be so backwards it hurts.

"Nowhere will be safe in the US while people are allowed to own and carry guns."

by extension nowhere will be safe where people are allowed to own knives

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966

by extension nowhere will be safe where people are allowed to drive cars

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/nov/04/local/me-pileup4

...by extension nowhere will be safe... WELL DUH!

"But hey... old ass ammendment chart hundreads of years behind the times must be right. I mean, if the thousands year bible is right?"

and what proof do you have to show that the bible is not the divinely inspired word of god?

"The US can be so backwards it hurts."

the uk more so with its strict gun control laws

before you retort tell me why are the women of india seeking out firearms to protect themselves or in other words to keep themselves "SAFE"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25727080

"Soon after the Delhi gang rape, large numbers of women in Indian cities began to look for ways to make themselves safer.

The Indian government introduced tougher new laws against rape, deployed more police on the streets and several cities introduced women's helplines.

But many frightened women had little faith in a largely corrupt and inefficient police force. Large numbers enrolled in self-defence classes and began stocking up on pepper spray cans. Some reports suggested there was a rise in the number of women seeking gun licences."