By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GI May cover: Spider-Man, releasing September 7, Special Editions and DLC announced

July or August will be perfect, glad it is coming this year.

Around the Network

if the timeframe is the same like it was with god of war it could release in july

shikamaru317 said:

I'll honestly be surprised if Sony does a 3 punch combo by releasing GoW, Detroit, and Spiderman all in a 3 month window. Releasing Spiderman so early leaves them with nothing big for the 2nd half of the year (Days Gone was delayed to 2019, TLOU2 is most likely 2019, and Ghost of Tsushima will be late 2019 or early 2020 I bet). There was a September leak for Spiderman awhile back, and September wouldn't surprise me at all, though I'm hoping for August since August is a dead month for me and September already has Shadow of the Tomb Raider and most likely Forza Horizon 4 which I both plan to play.

Nah, June/July works for this kind of game. They have RDR and, most likely, CoD marketing for the holidays. Plus, they've had release periods like these before (2011 comes to mind). 

Edit: Looks like it's late 2018 after all.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 April 2018

It should release in October and be their holiday game alongside Dreams. They have GoW and Detroit now. It would be smart to be push this to the holidays where it can seriously push a lot of consoles

I have a feeling it is a August release.

Around the Network

I voted July but I could see late June as well. Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the huge game in the fall/winter even if it isn't an exclusive.

GribbleGrunger said:

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 03 April 2018

Until they can make Peter Parker as fun to play as Spider-Man, I'll find it pretty hard to enjoy a Spider-Man game.

Well, this is new.

Read.

GribbleGrunger said:

That's fuckin' hot. The other gif too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If the release date was in September or later, then the announcement would most likely be at E3...

So I guess summer at most, surely June or July!