By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - About VG$

Hmm, I guess since I spent so much money on my first bet that I'll have to do a lot of database work to get my VG$ back

Around the Network

Ty love

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nice to have a quick reference for the various ways to make fun bucks. I'm not sure I'll be participating in the prediction league ( I see VGP is in financial ruin now ), however I want to chip in a little bit more with the DB, at least as I find games absent from my collection when I get back to adding them, as well as working on the ColecoVision console in general. Soon. I hope. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Nice to have a quick reference for the various ways to make fun bucks. I'm not sure I'll be participating in the prediction league ( I see VGP is in financial ruin now ), however I want to chip in a little bit more with the DB, at least as I find games absent from my collection when I get back to adding them, as well as working on the ColecoVision console in general. Soon. I hope. :)

Oh yeah, I added all the Intellivision games, I guess I need to flesh out those games!

VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

Oh yeah, I added all the Intellivision games, I guess I need to flesh out those games!

Nicely done sir. There are a few really oddball Coleco games I have in my collection. Have you ever seen a 2 sided cart before?

I have 2 of these, including this one. I thiiink there's a third one as well. Artillery Duel just might be my all time fave on the system. Just realized that's the Atari one . They look virtually identical though.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 April 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Top predictors tend to get normally between 10-30% return on investment so that could mean with his bet anywhere from 180 to 540 profit for just filling it in with a bit of sense

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TalonMan said:
COKTOE said:

Well, so long as his predictions aren't TOTALLY of base, he should be getting most of that money back! His money is committed to that round for now, but I'm SURE he will even out when those numbers come in...  :)

Ahhh, I see. I thought he'd made some terrible predictions and straight up lost it.

Bandorr said:
And can you do anything with all this gold?
Or is this all work for a reward that has no actual point?

so it will be like Nintendo Reward Program

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bandorr said:
VersusEvil said:

Guidelines

Database Tutorial

None of that really addresses my concerns. "The team will take a firm stance on users who spam the Database (i.e. those who flood the submission queue with low quality submissions)".

That specifically references low quality submissions. Thus if the title and description are apt - they aren't low quality.

So flooding the queue sounds fine, as long as they are not "trash" or "low quality".

It is fine because that would mean you would help expand the database

PDF said:
I won nearly all of mine from the old PL.

The PL champ is here