By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I won $5000 this afternoon...

VAMatt said:
Athaba said:
I would go on a vaccation. I bet there are some places on earth you want to visit.
- Some nice sightseeing in the US
- Beach holiday at hawai / california
- A trip to Japan
- Visit places in Europe that are not the main targets for terrorists. Italy and Spain for example.

Maybe you could even travel with friends / parents / someone you really like?

Almost all of Europe is completely safe.  There is no real terrorist problem there.  

Thats right, but it's safe to say that the attacks that happened focus on London and France the most. That's what I wanted to say with my first post. ;) 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Megiddo said:

Because it's income and income is taxed. Vices are taxed particularly hard.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc419

Sucks for you then that your government is so intent on stealing all your money they're even coming after your gambling winnings.

If he lives in the U.S. it will be taxed when he comes back home.

Doing taxes he will have to report he made money in a foreign country. That money he brought back home then will be taxed, minus any foreign tax paid. Obviously since Canada is tax free on winnings, that means the whole $5,000.00 will be taxable.

It's why Apple/Google/Ect leave their money overseas. Once they bring it back to the U.S. soil it gets taxed.

So might want to spend that $5,000 in Canada before you come back to the states, unless that is you are a Canadian resident and this does not apply.

If you want to go to vegas take 2k with you and keep 3k.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Help someone you love.