By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dragon Ball Super or Dragon Ball GT

Which one was better?

Super 59 79.73%

GT 15 20.27%

Total:74
Dulfite said:

Super is not only far better than GT, but combines the best of Dragon Ball and Z and gets rid of the rest.

Z had too much build up and filler moments and was too serious almost all of the time.
Dragon ball was more of an adventure/comedy then an action show.

Super is serious at times but knows how to be light-hearted. Super is also a decent pace (we don't want multiple episodes filled with redundant fight/dialogue scenes to have the plot line moved; every episode feels important). Honestly, if nostalgia weren't in the way, I'd probably view Super as the best dragon ball show period. I'm currently only on the black part of the show (I have always watched the English version and I refuse to start watching the Japanese version now, even if it is ahead by a ton) so please don't spoil anything, but as of this point in the show that is how I feel (and I feel like the show is improving drastically as it goes along).

Really? A half hour long, or was it hour long tournament took at whole like 35 episodes. I swear the last 5 episodes were supposed to be 5 minutes.

Basically every episode covered 1 minute. Great pacing. /sarcasm

Even if you consider say 5 episodes are supposed to be all happening at once, the dialogue doesn't up at all. We are supposed to believe that this fight between two characters only took 30 seconds, yet the dialogue between them takes 5 minutes of screen time. Are they also talking to each other at the speed of light?

Around the Network

Super, for sure. Except for the first episodes, which were basically a retreat of the DBS movies, the last 3 sagas were pretty enjoyable. And it's constantly improving. Pace is also pretty good generally speaking.

I think it finds a balance between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. It mixes more epic, serious moments but knows how to retain humour and a sense of adventure. Also, I really like that they re-introduced proper strategy into some battles. Now, the contest for me is between Z and Super. Z was WAY too serious imho, and has plenty of filler and a really uneven pace. Z has the power of nostalgia though, which is pretty powerful. Saw it recently and the quantity of filler and just unnecessary episode is really outstanding. Now, the original show is unbeatable imho.

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 26 March 2018

Gt sucked, I miss Oob though, awesome character. Super was better, the integration of the old Z fighters was great. Although Yamcha and Chaotzu were left behind.

GT would lose by default to The Door, so the idea of it being better than Super is laughable at best.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

irstupid said:
Dulfite said:

Super is not only far better than GT, but combines the best of Dragon Ball and Z and gets rid of the rest.

Z had too much build up and filler moments and was too serious almost all of the time.

Super is serious at times but knows how to be light-hearted. Super is also a decent pace (we don't want multiple episodes filled with redundant fight/dialogue scenes to have the plot line moved; every episode feels important). Honestly, if nostalgia weren't in the way, I'd probably view Super as the best dragon ball show period. I'm currently only on the black part of the show (I have always watched the English version and I refuse to start watching the Japanese version now, even if it is ahead by a ton) so please don't spoil anything, but as of this point in the show that is how I feel (and I feel like the show is improving drastically as it goes along).

Really? A half hour long, or was it hour long tournament took at whole like 35 episodes. I swear the last 5 episodes were supposed to be 5 minutes.

Even if you consider say 5 episodes are supposed to be all happening at once, the dialogue doesn't up at all. We are supposed to believe that this fight between two characters only took 30 seconds, yet the dialogue between them takes 5 minutes of screen time. Are they also talking to each other at the speed of light?

That's not what pacing is in this context.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Dulfite said:

Cof cof Goku SSvs Freezer (Namek) cof cof

cof cof  Buu vs Gotenks SSJ 3 cof cof

DB does not know what is the time

Super feels like an actual continuation of Z while GT always had this odd feeling of being disconnected. My signature is one of my favorite moments in Dragonball history, Super gave me the indulgent aspects of action I grew up loving in Z.

CaptainExplosion said:
GT was pretty bad, but Super is bogged down by unlikable Mary Sues like Beerus, overly drawn out story arcs, and overall feels like filler.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Beerus and the Gods of Destruction did introduce another layer of power similar to how the Saiyans did to start Z, but not sure how they're Mary Sue or Gary Stu to any of them.

I love Caulifa, but she fits the mold closer because of how much power she gained in such a short time making Super Saiyan a bit of a joke.  Why I was glad she lost despite liking her as needing some grounding.

Super has too much problems dumb transformations,bad character designs,power inconsistency,overuse of friendship power,terrible comedy.The only good arc was black goku arc.
Alteast GT had great transformations and character design.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

DAXFM said:
irstupid said:

Cof cof Goku SSvs Freezer (Namek) cof cof

cof cof  Buu vs Gotenks SSJ 3 cof cof

DB does not know what is the time

It's spelt "cough" fyi. Took me a bit to figure out what you were saying.

But how about we not do those arguments were you argue something isn't bad because something else is bad.

Edit: BTW I'll give the Namek more leeway. The planet is going to blow in ~5 minutes. It's not a strict deadline. It could blow in 1 minute or 30 minutes. Hardly super science involved in when a planet blows when an energy blast is shot at its core. Compare that to Super's strict tournament lasting X minutes long. Be like a basketball game deciding to have its quarter be 30 minutes long instead of 12. You can't just do that. I don' recall the Gotenks part.